Buy.com big company low commissions?
    Was in cj ive never prompted buy.com but I see many affiliate sites linking to them, and they have a 3 monthEPC of $9.05 and 7 day of $8.05 thats not so good is it for such a large company providing low prices on multiple stores

So the average affiliate is making around $8 every 7 days??

ABW Ambassador
    Buy.com Conversions are bad .. Not sure if they track properly or not. Top it off with low commissions paid, it is a bad program

Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals
    Buy.com Conversions are bad .. Not sure if they track properly or not. Top it off with low commissions paid, it is a bad program

Yeah i did a search on the forum and quite a few people complaining about tracking.

You ever prompted ebay? Seems some sales generate and some dont not sure why

When you look at CPC , what do you class a Good CPC that would make you consider prompting a company and is it based on the 7 or 3 month?

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    The closest competitor to Buy.com is Amazon.com.

From what I heard, Amazon does converter pretty well. Not sure about the commission but some aff on ABW are making good $$ on Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by easylife
    Was in cj ive never prompted buy.com but I see many affiliate sites linking to them, and they have a 3 monthEPC of $9.05 and 7 day of $8.05 thats not so good is it for such a large company providing low prices on multiple stores

So the average affiliate is making around $8 every 7 days??
    That's not what the 7 day EPC means. It means for the past 7 days affiliates have been earning $8 on average for every 100 clicks. For a merchant like this I wouldn't look too closely at the EPC. Their brand may be attracting lots of low-value-add affiliates who generate thousands of clicks with no sales. The network earnings indicator is what counts here.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Don't you guys see what is going on on buy.com website.
    - There is a huge third party banner advertisement right on the top of the page.
    - Several lines down, there is a price comparison listing from third party. There are Buy.com's competitors on the list as well.
    - At the bottom of the page, there are Sponsor links from Google ads.

No wonder the conversion is soooo low. You guys are making Buy.com rich.

I know a lot of people are becoming increasingly unhapppy with Buy.com. I'm thinking about dumping them altogether. I send thousands upon thousands of visitors to them every month and make but a drop in the bucket in commissions. I send about the same amount of traffic to Amazon and my conversions are through the roof compared to Buy.com. I think what anhmocboc said is true, Buy.com basically steals affiliate generated traffic and redirects it to PriceGrabber and makes commissions on that stolen traffic. There is no way that PriceGrabber price comparisons should show up on any Buy.com pages that are visited by affiliate traffic. I think its downright unethical and a dirty way to treat your affiliates.

Do you really want to send traffic to your competition? They are affiliates in all of the same programs you are. Click one of your links. Look at the page you just landed on. Most of the time there are links to the exact same product for less elsewhere. Those are aff links to the same merchant programs you could join and send traffic to directly and not have your commissions stolen.

This really doesn't take a long time to figure out.....

buy.com converts for me, they just leak a lot and do batch processing and sometimes takes a day and a week to show up.

Their comish is on par with other retailers that sell what they sell

Thanks for sharing your experiences, everyone. This thread has been really informative so far.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread