Can we see actual product from commission in ebay program?
    When you make a sale through ebay/cj it shows up tells you how much you have made and tells you what link generated it but it doesnt tell you what product the person bought or bid on and won I really would like to know that it would give me an idea of what products people are interested in through my sites

You can find the item in CJ by: selecting a date under run reports, then download the report in excel and find the "order id column". The product is a 12 digit number that you can copy and paste into a general search box on the eBay website to locate that particular product/auction for which you received a commission.

Quote Originally Posted by easylife
    When you make a sale through ebay/cj it shows up tells you how much you have made and tells you what link generated it but it doesnt tell you what product the person bought or bid on and won I really would like to know that it would give me an idea of what products people are interested in through my sites
    We discussed this in another thread. Type in ebay in the search tool above and look for "All ebay affiliates..."

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    Thanks for the tag team Tracy - didn't know how to go about that yet.

There is also a free script that will do it easily for you as well.

http://www.thewebsiteprofessionals.c...port-analyzer/

Nope, I have no affiliation.

Uhh... yeah... I'll upload an excel file of all my private CJ sales data to an unknown third-party web site. Who knows what they might be doing with that data.

Pass.

If they made the source code of the script available for people to implement on their own that would be one thing, but there's no way in hell I'm uploading all my sales data to someone else's web site...
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

Go to the first new column in your excel report, then in row 2 paste in the following formula.....

Code:
    =HYPERLINK(CONCATENATE("http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=",MID(P28,((SEARCH(";",P28,1))+1),((SEARCH(";",P28,((SEARCH(";",P28,1))+1)))-(SEARCH(";",P28,1))-1))), "Show Me The Money!")
    Now paste that cell all the way down the column.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by dharding
    Uhh... yeah... I'll upload an excel file of all my private CJ sales data to an unknown third-party web site. Who knows what they might be doing with that data.

Pass.

If they made the source code of the script available for people to implement on their own that would be one thing, but there's no way in hell I'm uploading all my sales data to someone else's web site...
    Actually it's a pretty reliable service offered, and you don't have to upload all of your sales data. That's okay, it's not for everybody. God knows that your CJ information is COMPLETELY secure in the first place.

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by bobby131313
    Go to the first new column in your excel report, then in row 2 paste in the following formula.....

Code:
    =HYPERLINK(CONCATENATE("http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=",MID(P28,((SEARCH(";",P28,1))+1),((SEARCH(";",P28,((SEARCH(";",P28,1))+1)))-(SEARCH(";",P28,1))-1))), "Show Me The Money!")
    Now paste that cell all the way down the column.

Enjoy.
    What is this formula going to do??

Once you paste the formula into the spreadsheet, all you have to do is click the hyperlink and an eBay window will open showing the item that was sold.

The only problem is that there is an error in the formula. If you paste it on Row 2 as instructed, it will connect you to the item number on Row 28. You need to change the P28 every where it appears in the formula to P2. Once you have fixed the formula when it is in Cell T2, then you can copy it down next to all the other rows in your report and each one will automatically adjust to the correct cell in the spreadsheet to grab the Item # from.

I posted more about this in another thread, and also included the formula I've always used:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=98411

I don't where those 8's came from. When I use my macro it adds it perfectly. Thanks Tracy.

Here it is corrected....

Code:
    =HYPERLINK(CONCATENATE("http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=",MID(P2,((SEARCH(";",P2,1))+1),((SEARCH(";",P2,((SEARCH(";",P2,1))+1)))-(SEARCH(";",P2,1))-1))), "Show Me The Money!")

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread