-$416 Epc?
    Was scrolling through the new merchant list and saw a few stunning negative EPC stats. Cripes, talk about having to dig yourself out of a hole!

They also have N/A for reversal rates, so I'm curious how they could go so far in the negative?
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think when it says N/A for reversal rate that they are still considered "new".
    KK

They're definitely new. Probably reversed a test transaction or something. Just seemed odd.

In looking over the list though, I found something else that was somewhat disturbing.

I was curious about something, so I went through those with positive EPC numbers and one after another they were merchants without posted PPC policies and with affiliates bidding on domain.com and using domain.com as the ad title, then I finally ran into one with a PPC policy AND a 30 day EPC over $0.

They're reversal rate was over 87% and 7 day EPC was in the negative!

Not trying to bring up another TM bidding debate, but looking over the numbers, you kind of get the feeling that the TM bidders are the ones setting the stats for new programs...
    Eathan Mertz

We also had negative EPC for a few days due to us reversing the sales of 3 affiliates who kept on bidding on our brand, and geo-targetting so we would not notice. So please do not use the EPC and reversal rate as only criteria for evaluating a merchant. And if you're not sure, check again a week later or so.

Quote Originally Posted by yesasiaus
    We also had negative EPC for a few days due to us reversing the sales of 3 affiliates who kept on bidding on our brand, and geo-targetting so we would not notice. So please do not use the EPC and reversal rate as only criteria for evaluating a merchant. And if you're not sure, check again a week later or so.
    Don't worry, I think those stats are pretty much garbage when direct to merchant TM PPC seems to be such a major driving force behind the numbers, both positive and negative. Take a look at new merchants, top 100, whatever and try to find a few without an affiliate bidding on domain.com.

Those who enforce policies against the practice tend to be the ones hitting the negative, while those without policies, or those who choose not to reverse transactions make up the top 100 list. Seems like things have gone off track at some point.

Again, I have to wonder why the repeat offenders, in some cases like yours going so far as geo-targeting to avoid detection, aren't flat kicked out of the network?
    Eathan Mertz

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread