Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ebay Seller with ~100% sell thru rate wants affiliates
    Hello everyone.

I am an ebay seller that sells women's fashions. I sell about 100-200 auctions on ebay daily. How do I sell so much? I start everything at one cent. That is how my sell through rate is 99.99%. Average ending prices of auctions is around $15 and we have several Buy It Now sales between $20 and $30. Why do I want to get more traffic to my ebay store when I already sell everything? To drive up the sale price of course. I am going to be increasing my daily auction #s as profits allow, so there will be plenty of opportunity for commission sales.

Other info: Feedback rating over 5000, 99.7% positive.

Since i'm new here and don't want to violate any rules, I will withhold my ebay ID until I get the OK from experienced users of this forum.

I am not sure what you want in the Commission Junction forum? Perhaps you want affliates to link to your store so you can get more traffic?

If I am not mistaken, the ebay affiliate editorkit allows you to publish ebay auctions by sellerID, so one could get a commission for directing winning bids to my auctions. Since I believe ebay only uses CJ, I directed the post in this forum.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Mdizzy, you are approaching a community of marketers as a merchant and typically, merchants buy a paid announcement to get before this audience, although I understand your enthusiasm and the vagueness of any rule for eBay sellers. I also think you would find a positive response from most members here if you're sincere.

Still, you're treading on thin ice - ask a moderator what to do.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

So, you're not really offering anything that we're not already getting from eBay through cj. What you're asking for is that we advertise your eBay store on our sites. What's our incentive? Are you going to pay us directly for putting ads for you on our sites? Or are you assuming we'd want to do it because we'll increase our own sales through eBay.

Personally, that's not a motivation for me. My eBay pages are set up based on the particular products for sale at eBay. For instance, say I have a page for Blue Widgets. The way it is ALL blue widgets show up when somebody hits my page. So, if somebody finds a Blue Widget that they want, no matter who the Seller is, they're going to buy it. Why would I want to only list Blue Widgets offered by one seller?

ABW Ambassador
    The short version: Are you trying to buy links?

ABW Ambassador
    mdizzy, you may want to set up a store yourself (not ebay store) with your products like eaglebit dot com (though I do not like they have a banner on the site promoting their ebay store) and join a network like SaS and recruit interested affiliates.

In this case, you do not pay your eBay fee and you can pay commissions to affiliates.

Hope this helps your situation and good luck!

I think I understand where mdizzy is going with this ... especially if the auctions are getting lots of hits! People really take notice when an auction gets a lot of bids.

I am experiementing with an eBay 'widget' I created for one particular seller who offers exotic and domestic woods (turning stock) ... they have tons of pieces being offered ... basically an endless supply from what I can see. If this works well for my needs, I will keep it going. I like that it provides consistancy in the layout of the auctions, the product images, information, pricing, etc. I am really impressed with this widget idea.

I have another 'retro' site with a section relating to vintage, bohemian style women's clothing. I would love to find one good quality eBay merchant to create a widget for and place on this site.

Do you by chance fall in that category, Mdizzy?
    Arizona Deb
    [URL=http://www.azwoodman.com/]azWoodman.com[/URL]

Ok, let me clarify a few misconceptions. I already have my own ecommerce store to promote my ebay auctions, and I am a commission junction publisher for ebay so I come here not only as a merchant, but also as a commission junction pushlisher. No, i'm not asking to buy links.

The reason why I thought some of you might be interested is my sell through rate is 100%. When people see an item already with a bid, most of the time, they open it just to see what's going on. So it's not a matter of will it sell, but for how much. Not many other sellers can say that. The industry average sell through rate on ebay for "normal priced" clothing auctions is about 20% for most successful sellers. It is even less for the small-time seller with shoddy photos and non-professional auction descriptions. All of those auctions clutter the women's clothing space, so I would think an AM campaign would not be as effective as marketing a proven large seller with a 100% sell through rate.

I apologize for the long response but I had to state my case. If anyone has any interest, then send me a private message. Naturally, none of this will work unless someone already has or is willing to build a AM site catered towards womens clothing. (not bohemian vintage clothing).

Well, I cannot read PM's since I don't have enough posts, lol. Anyone have any idea how many posts I need?

Quote Originally Posted by mdizzy
    ... If anyone has any interest, then send me a private message. Naturally, none of this will work unless someone already has or is willing to build a AM site catered towards womens clothing. (not bohemian vintage clothing).
    I just PM'd you. I'd like to see your auctions. Please send me your eBay ID, thank you ...
    Arizona Deb

Quote Originally Posted by mdizzy
    Well, I cannot read PM's since I don't have enough posts, lol. Anyone have any idea how many posts I need?
    no idea
    Arizona Deb

I also wanted to point out that about 40% of my sales are from repeat customers. I also am working on becoming a CJ merchant so I can take on CJ affiliates directly for my ecommerce store which sells the same things that I sell on ebay.

so can i see your auctions? need your id plez
    Arizona Deb

if you don't want to post your ID here (or if it isn't allowed) just go to my website and use the 'contact us' link at the bottom of the page ...
    Arizona Deb

I just submitted a form mail on your site. Thanks for your interest.

well, i have to admit, i have never seen an auction owner who has bids on virtually every single item they are selling. i am impressed! lots of action happening right now ...
    Arizona Deb

There are a lot of people who snipe my auctions also. It's not uncommon for things to go from 1 cent to $20+ in the last few minutes.

I know! I just watched it happen. People sure do want your clothing line! Makes me wonder how you keep up with it all ....
    Arizona Deb

I am interested to learn more about your offer. can you give me key words to type on ebay that will bring up one or more of your unique products ?

Quote Originally Posted by EZTIGER
    I am interested to learn more about your offer. can you give me key words to type on ebay that will bring up one or more of your unique products ?
    Ok, no one has said anything and I don't think it is against the rules so..

My Ebay id: [REMOVED]

If you do a yahoo search, my ebay store should be the first search result.

Tonight we sold 150 auctions and that is about the same amount that sells every day. We did not have any go unsold tonight. If you look at our feedback, we have had tremendous growth in the past 6 months after we made some changes to our business model. In less than 6 months we have become the 2nd or 3rd largest seller on ebay for our niche. You can verify this by looking at our feedback profile. We are poised to double our auction numbers in the next 3 months.

We have a kyozou widget that anyone can use to promote our auctions. Do a google search for kyozou widgets and you can register easily. You don't need a credit card or anything, it's free. As long as you have a PID you can use the widget and get any commissions you may earn. Also, we have set up a discount code that is for 5% off that is good indefinitely that you can use to help promote the auctions. The discount code is 185834 and is entered during checkout.

I hope this can be a fruitful and long-term relationship for anyone involved. Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; December 1st, 2007 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Freaking spammers, 100% seel thru but zero ethics.

I can certainly send you hundreds of customers in very short order. Though not many would meet such an offering with being nice about it.

Any seller that offers one cent auctions makes me a good amount of money. PM me when you reach the level of allowing PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    I can certainly send you hundreds of customers in very short order. Though not many would meet such an offering with being nice about it.

Any seller that offers one cent auctions makes me a good amount of money. PM me when you reach the level of allowing PMs.
    What do you mean "Though not many would meet such an offering with being nice about it."? If you can send customers my way why would they be unhappy?

Thought I would give an update on my November CJ numbers. I started only a few weeks ago and I have a EPC of $16.83. Draw whatever conclusions you may.

Hi & Welcome mdizzy,

A couple notes/questions, which may help you down the line.

a) You eBay ID/Logo, and some of the navigation links from your eBay listings, does (help to) facilitate eBay visitors to visit your off eBay web site. On your off eBay site, the non-eBay items are non affiliate commisionable, correct? And the rover links, from your site's auctions section, will over write the cookie from the affiliate who had originally sent the visitor to your eBay listings?

I believe the kosher way to do this is to detect if a visitor came from eBay, and not rover/cookie them back to eBay. If a shopper found your site via PPC/SEO, then cookie away. There are a few (large) API affiliates who are constantly scrutinized on this issue.

b) On your eBay About page, there's currently (only) one prominent graphics encouraging visitors to visit your new secure website. There's a nice offer, but it's not valid for eBay auctions. You're planning to continue your eBay operations, correct?

Tuan
    [url="http://www.wholesaler.com"]Wholesaler.com[/url]

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast