Conversion Tracking
    I have been promoting a Shareasale merchant through a page on a Wordpress blog (my own domain and hosting) and I have been pleased with the results/sales. The traffic has been arriving via Adwords.

I have been reading like crazy and I understand how important it is that I get serious about tracking everything.

When a visiter clicks on the affiliate link on my page and makes a purchase, is there anyway to know which keyword from Google brought that specific customer to my site to begin with? I guess I want to make the connection between the keywords/ads and the actual sales. Google's Conversion Tracking requires code be placed on a "thank you" page, but I don't use one. A successful conversion for me doesn't happen until the visitor buys from the merchant.

I have been reading about Afftrack; does that apply here?

I apologize for the noobish question, but I have searched all day and I can't seem to find the answer.

Stat-counter can give you that information or you can run a query report in AdWords. The Stat-counter info is more useful as it can show you the visitors location, IP, path through your site as well as the keyword from their search. Much more info but it has what you want. Requires you to add a line of script to your site's pages. Oh, and it's free. BTW - Welcome to ABW, Gartwynn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gartwynn
    I have been promoting a Shareasale merchant through a page on a Wordpress blog (my own domain and hosting) and I have been pleased with the results/sales. The traffic has been arriving via Adwords.

I have been reading like crazy and I understand how important it is that I get serious about tracking everything.

When a visiter clicks on the affiliate link on my page and makes a purchase, is there anyway to know which keyword from Google brought that specific customer to my site to begin with? I guess I want to make the connection between the keywords/ads and the actual sales. Google's Conversion Tracking requires code be placed on a "thank you" page, but I don't use one. A successful conversion for me doesn't happen until the visitor buys from the merchant.

I have been reading about Afftrack; does that apply here?

I apologize for the noobish question, but I have searched all day and I can't seem to find the answer.
    If you make different pages for different keywords, it is possible to do this with the afftrack. You can place each page's links different keywords. This will not be good method if you have lots of different keywords.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread