Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I Finally Broke The 2000/mo Barrier!
    I know $2000/mo is not much to many of you. And for sure, it is not enough to support a family. But I do this only on weekends and evenings in addition to my regular job.

I have tried and tried and tried to get past the $1500/mo barrier and succeeded a few times only to get knocked back down to about $1200/mo by changes in search algorithms and increased competition.

This fall our family fell into the old credit card trap. Due to some additional family costs we had 3 cards out with about $1600 on each and what do you know, we have a $5000 CC debt! So I took this matter up in prayer in our Tuesday night men's prayer group in late Oct. Miraculously, earnings increased almost immediately with one of my biggest single days ever (the next day). Also, I felt I should switch a site to another host as an add-on domain - I always feared losing rankings but did it anyway (Thanks to all here that provided good advice!). In doing the switch, I also had to update many pages since my FrontPage based search no longer worked. While at it, I included extra AdSense ads on each page. That resulted in an extra $10/day! Other stuff happened like a $50 Amazon month - heck I don't think I have made $50 in 3 years with Amazon previously!

Yes, I worked hard. But I have always worked hard for years now with sometimes frustrating results. Perhaps God does help those that help themselves. I felt the need to include my Christian Faith as part of this since I really believe it played a part.

I must thank some really great people that have taken the time to help. One very knowledgeable person went out of his way to give me some great tips - those familiar with this forum can probably guess his name. Another person spent a great amount of her time giving me advice - "Find ways to eliminate unneeded work". I started using datafeeds, stylesheets, and started designing sites in such a way that they auto-updated themselves so if I left them alone for a while, they were not a completely outdated train wreck. This second person also goes out of her way to work in a very selfless manner in a lot of different areas.

Thanks!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Glad to hear about your success. The results speak for themselves. WTG!

-sfcom

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Congratulations. Nice job.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Congratulations. $2,000 per month is indeed a fine milestone.

That's actually a nice amount for a part-time income. WTG. If you keep up the hard work you know will be able to rise to an even higher level. Go for it.

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

A very important milestone. My sincere congratulations!!

Geno

Well done And good luck with the next target

Sue.

Congratulations! Continue to diversify into things that won't be impacted by the whims of the search engines, and you'll find even more stability. Also, keep in mind that you're in the middle of the Christmas shopping season. You'll probably see an even better month this month, but expect a dropoff in January. Don't let that get you down. Just keep building.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

What an awesome post & story!

Hearty Congratulations!!

What a great milestone. Keep doin' what you're doin' and tweak when necessary and you'll start reaching new milestones regularly. Congratulations!

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

ABW Ambassador
    Congrats, Cheesehead.

Great milestone

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Praise God!

And congratulations to you.

Awesome, Cheesehead! Your hard work is paying off and it's always great to see that. And you know, "ask and you shall receive" always helps.

Coley's right, you will probably have an awesome month followed by a dip in January. I've seen it many, many times. Just keep building and tweaking and working on new ideas to grow your business. Now you know you can hit that milestone. Prove you can hit it after the holidays too. Please report back to us if/when you do. Everybody loves an inspirational story.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Congrats to your success.

Continue to build pages, and tweak them so you will have double or more by next year.

I love to hear stories like this. Thank you!

ABW Ambassador
    Congratulations - keep up the great work!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    WTG Cheesehead! This proves that "staying with it" works.

Of course, I also believe that having "asked" for improvement helped a lot, too. Prayer, positive thinking, visualization, (whatever floats your vessel) will push goals forward in ways that amaze.

Next year, you'll be posting how you quit your j*b and are now making plenty to support your family through affiliate marketing. Looking forward to that post! :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Congratz!!!

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Congratulations!
    That is very motivating.

Thanks for all the nice comments! I have diversified with content sites but truthfully, I still am not doing much with sales. But a bit better than last year. The hope was to get a bit of holiday sales to offset a slump in contextual advertising after the online holiday shopping is done. I developed a fairly nice data feed sales site over the summer that converts, but the traffic is slim. When I do PPC, I get sales, but I need to pay about $0.40/click and make back about $0.20/click. My next BIG project will be to build some content around this sales site.

You all give very good solid advice on this forum. Diversify. Provide Quality, Value, Convenience and Information for the Shopper. Not easy nor quick.
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Outstanding!
    Congratulations on hitting this milestone!

I'm with Rexanne - I'm looking forward to the post that tells us you've been able to make the move to AM full time!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

It feels great to hit important milestones. Congrats on reaching your latest and good luck smashing through the next one.

That is awesome! Congrats indeed!

Congrats to you! 2k a month is nothing to sneeze at for many people. It is so good to hear about the great victories like this!
    Keep us posted on your progress.

Now when you're all set, the right prayer should not be: "God could you help me to make more money", but : "God how could I help YOU, now that I am OK" instead.

Quote Originally Posted by options
    Now when you're all set, the right prayer should not be: "God could you help me to make more money", but : "God how could I help YOU, now that I am OK" instead.
    You make a good point. To be honest, I am very much OK right now. Just turn on the world news any night of the week and see how folks in 3rd world countries live. We have a home, 2 vehicles, and enough food. And we have our family, all members healthy and not on the brink of death because of lack of food, drinkable water, or needed medicines.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast