John Elway Goes To Heaven
    John Elway, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Broncos flag in the window. "This house is yours for eternity, John," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here." John felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house.

On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a 3-story mansion with a Silver and Blue sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Cowboys logo flag, a Cowboys logo in every window, and a Tony Romo jersey on the front door. John looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I won 2 Super Bowls, and I even went to the Hall of Fame."

God said "So what's your point John?"

"Well, why does Tony Romo get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said "John, that's not Tony's house, it's mine."
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

lol oooh all them non-cowboy fans won't like this. lol I used to be a Cowboys fan for years (not from Texas, I just liked one of the players when I was younger cos he was cute. lol ) and boy...... for every Cowboy lover I think there's a Cowboy hater out there. lol

ABW Ambassador
    Tony Romo, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Cowboys flag in the window. "This house is yours for eternity, Tony," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here." Tony felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house.

On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a 3-story mansion with a Red and Blue sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Patriots logo flag, a Patriots logo in every window, and a Tom Brady jersey on the front door. Tony looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I muffed the handle on a snap, costing us a chance to go to the Superbowl, and I even get along with T.O."

God said "So what's your point Tony?"

"Well, why does Tom Brady get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said "Tony, that's not Tom's house, it's mine."

LOL!

I have a feeling the Cowboys and Patriots will be meeting again soon.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    John Elway rocked! I'm a Broncos fan still but started out as a fan because Elway brought the team into the limelight and made the game exciting and fun. I miss him. :-(

PS: The Broncos STILL don't have backup for their quarterbacks. Elway, for the most part, won games single handedly. Whatever wins the Broncos have had since are pretty much the same: Great quarterback, mediocre support. If the Broncos had a great team, not just great quarterbacks, they'd be unbeatable.

Then God would have an orange and blue house. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    They have a bright future. Cutler to Brandon Marshall will be one of the best in the NFL. He's probably one of the best young receivers in the NFL. Cutler will be an All Pro QB in the future. His numbers are actually better than Elways when you compare their first games. Have 2 of the best corners in the league. So I think they'll be up there again in the not too distant future.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Thanks Trust! I've been kinda out of touch this year with football. Good to know they've finally got some support players. Gonna have to start watching the games. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    LOL!

I have a feeling the Cowboys and Patriots will be meeting again soon.
    There certainly is a good chance of that.

But, first the Pats get to "meet" the Ravens here in Baltimore - tonight. We'll be able to hear the cheer of the fans should the Ravens get "lucky" and make a big play...or two...maybe...

BTW, Rexanne - I was in the stadium the day John Elway made his "first" appearance in Baltimore after refusing to join the team (Colts) that originally drafted him. it wasn't pretty.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Go Cowboys!!!!
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

I gotta say, I though the joke was over after the first line.

John Elway, after living a full life, died.
    I mean, that's a pretty funny line without the rest of the joke...
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    There certainly is a good chance of that.

But, first the Pats get to "meet" the Ravens here in Baltimore - tonight. We'll be able to hear the cheer of the fans should the Ravens get "lucky" and make a big play...or two...maybe...

BTW, Rexanne - I was in the stadium the day John Elway made his "first" appearance in Baltimore after refusing to join the team (Colts) that originally drafted him. it wasn't pretty.
    Oh boy, don't watch the game tonight Beachy. I think they might sit Brady out sometime in the 2nd quarter. Ravens just can't score and their defense isn't what it used to be. This one isn't going to be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    John Elway rocked! I'm a Broncos fan still but started out as a fan because Elway brought the team into the limelight and made the game exciting and fun. I miss him. :-(
    Indeed, Rexanne, Elway will always be irreplaceable for the Broncos -- the team and the fans.

I lived in Denver as a kid -- waaaayyy back when the old AFL was formed and the Broncos were the laughingstock of all pro football. I remember the days of old orange and black stripped socks even.

Inside my balding old fat guy lives the kid who STILL can't believe the Broncos were/are one of the premier pro football franchises.

Ah, well, that's your "Remember When" glimpse of pro football's past for today, students!

P.S. Why, I remember the days when "pigskin" meant a real pig being passed around the field.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    What a game! I thought the Ravens had it wrapped up.

The last two games sure have shown that the Pats aren't invincible. Two mediocre teams have come really close to beating them.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    What a game! I thought the Ravens had it wrapped up.

The last two games sure have shown that the Pats aren't invincible. Two mediocre teams have come really close to beating them.
    The players on the field did have it "wrapped up." It was that bone-headed timeout call by the defensive coordinator - which gave the ball back to the Pats.</rant>

It was actually a fun game to watch and to "listen to." The weather here in Baltimore was cold (flurries) and windy. We live about a mile from the stadium and the wind was blowing from the stadium toward our house. Every time there was a good play by the purple and black team - I could see it on TV and about two seconds later could actually hear the roar of the crowd.

I never stay up to watch all of a Monday Night Football game...last night was the exception.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread