I've been promoting World Of Watches for about 5 months now, and driving good and targeted traffic to their site. However, the results have been pathetic. One reason is their 800-Number which is not only plastered on top of the every page but also next to every product saying To Order Call: (800) 222-0077. Another reason is their very loose return and cancellation practices.

My reports:
    Clicks: 5,816
    Ordered Items: 31 Ordered Sales: $23,326.62
    Shipped Items: 10 Shipped Sales: $3,279.97
    Cancelled Items: 23
    Commissions: $147.73

Unfortunately there aren't many other alternatives; Asford is managed by same company with worse results, WatchZone is not that viable, etc.

IS ANYONE ELSE SEEING SIMILAR RESULTS?

If so then there is definitely a problem with their affiliate problem and reporting. They're basically using affiliates to generate PHONE SALE LEADS, which is very unfair in my opinion.

If there are enough people seeing similar results:

Would you be willing to participate in a BOYCOTT to get them straight or cut them loose?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> WatchZone is not that viable <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I saw those obvious diversion ploys the first time I looked at their site. Never put up a link to them as it's all down hill from there.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Hello SamBay,

I understand your frustration. World of Watches has worked well for me, but I have pretty poor results from quite a few other jewelry merchant programs. I think a lot of it has to do with the demographics that you are attracting to your site(s) and also what keywords are being used to find your website. Personally I have found WoW to convert better than WatchZone but many factors go into that as mentioned above. Best of luck to you.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Only watch sales I've made in 3 years were some sold at discount by Overstock.com

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread