Best way to file a dispute with CJ?
    Has this ever happened to anyone with no warning, no communication, NOTHING!!! How can I file a dispute with CJ?

The thing is I don't do paid search at all...I'm 100% organic search!!

Dear Affiliate, After investigation, there was substantial evidence to show that you have been violating our trademark agreement clearly stated in our keyword policy. As stated in our program terms, it is against our rules to bid on our protected keywords such as XXXXXXXXXX or variations there of. With the help of CJ we have reversed all your commissions for the month of November that were clearly generated through the use of our trademarks. Please, at this point, remove any ads you might have that target our protected keywords or variations there of. Please, keep in mind that this rule is valid not only for the main search engines, such as Google or Yahoo, but also any other smaller player, web search browser bars, shopping sites, etc… We also won’t tolerate affiliates bidding on our trademarks through cybersquatted domains, so please make sure you are not doing so. We suppose that you were not aware of our rules, will take immediate action to correct this issue, and will abide by the rules of our program. If we find more issues in the month of December, we will have to expel you from the program, reverse all sales and report to CJ Network Quality. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Best regards, XXXXXXXX

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Just click on the Contact Us option and tell them exactly what you said here if you do not a contact. We have always gotten a response with a day or 2.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

How did they undrestand you are using their Tradmark in Google adwords or other search engine ?

becasue i am doing this and i have made 1200 $ so far

will that company pay me any thing or not ?
    i have edited my ad imidaitly and remove any tradmark there

Quote Originally Posted by be_behnam
    How did they undrestand you are using their Tradmark in Google adwords or other search engine ?

becasue i am doing this and i have made 1200 $ so far

will that company pay me any thing or not ?
    i have edited my ad imidaitly and remove any tradmark there
    Read the keyword link for your merchant's terms.

If Trademark Are Prohibitten They Are Right
    If your merchant has a policy of not using their trademark in any advertising, then those might be lost commissions. They don't want you to use their trademark to drive your sales. Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by cas77
    Has this ever happened to anyone with no warning, no communication, NOTHING!!! How can I file a dispute with CJ?

The thing is I don't do paid search at all...I'm 100% organic search!!

Dear Affiliate, After investigation, there was substantial evidence to show that you have been violating our trademark agreement clearly stated in our keyword policy. As stated in our program terms, it is against our rules to bid on our protected keywords such as XXXXXXXXXX or variations there of. With the help of CJ we have reversed all your commissions for the month of November that were clearly generated through the use of our trademarks. Please, at this point, remove any ads you might have that target our protected keywords or variations there of. Please, keep in mind that this rule is valid not only for the main search engines, such as Google or Yahoo, but also any other smaller player, web search browser bars, shopping sites, etc… We also won’t tolerate affiliates bidding on our trademarks through cybersquatted domains, so please make sure you are not doing so. We suppose that you were not aware of our rules, will take immediate action to correct this issue, and will abide by the rules of our program. If we find more issues in the month of December, we will have to expel you from the program, reverse all sales and report to CJ Network Quality. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Best regards, XXXXXXXX

Quote Originally Posted by dealposter
    If your merchant has a policy of not using their trademark in any advertising, then those might be lost commissions. They don't want you to use their trademark to drive your sales. Just a thought

what if we use their trademark in ads description

for example when i am selling Domains from yahoo

should i say that its from microsoft ?

so what should i write there ?
    i must tell customers that these domains are from yahoo

You must write an enticing ad without trademark name, let customer click thru to landing plan. Microsoft is trademark --eg.cheap domains or what ever will get customer to click through to offer

The issue isn't USING the trademark name in an ad, it's BIDDING on the trademark as a keyword.

They're probably confusing natural search results for paid search results. Sounds far fetched, but I've even had someone at MSN adCenter tell me that my ad was showing up, when in fact they were reading the natural results. Needless to say, I spoke to their supervisor after that issue, and a week later they were no longer employed.

That makes sense. But some merchants don't even want you to use their trademarks in ads or displayed at all. That's where reading their policy on trademarks come in. Sometimes they will give high performers permission if they ask ahead.

Bizarre to get a message like that if you're not doing paid search as you say. Which merchant was it?
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

All affiliates must read the merchant's trademark bididng policy. This includes using any prohibited tradenames in seo. Many merchnats prohibit affiliates from using their tradenames in any adcopy or affiliate site url, meta tag, etc.

Just b/c you don't run a PPC campaign, doesn't mean you may not be violating the merchant's seo policy.

I am pretty sure they provided you with a screen shot of your ads violating their terms

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread