I have a couple of questions that I would like an answer to if possible please.

I am using the merchants datafeed (not the one from CJ.com as half the products are missing) and the buy_url's are only going to the idividual product (no mention of tracking)

Would I be correct in thinking that for my sales to register I would have to put http://www.qksrv.net/click-myaffID-9879406?URL= in front of all the URLS? giving me a final URL like
    http://www.qksrv.net/click-myaffID-9.../SAF0001?CP=CJ
    or would I have to them encoded so they came out like this
    http://www.qksrv.net/click-myaffID-9...0001%3FCP%3DCJ

One more thing would I have to change the product number in first part of every link http://www.qksrv.net/click-myaffID-Productnumber?URL= or would they still track sales using the same number? I am thinking the redirect (I think it is called this) the second part of the final URL goes to the individual product. Am I correct in thinking this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

Moved topic from Midnight Cafe to here. I believe you are asking a CJ related question but I must be getting tired because now I'm not sure what you are asking.

Complain if it's a problem and one of the other moderators (pref one that's had enough rest) will assist in moving it back to the cafe.

No problem Heyder, I am sorry I posted in the wrong forum. Thanks for moving it over.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

Well no need to be sorry at all. I just thought you might get more help here in this one maybe even from David or Todd.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Gordon,

I would encourage you to encode the second part of the link as in your example:
    quote:
    http://www.qksrv.net/click-myaffID-9...0001%3FCP%3DCJ

Your first example would probably work, but it is bit risky.

As to changing the product link id - I would encourage you to do so. If you are confident that all the products belong to the same advertiser and the advertiser allows redirects, then you may be safe. However, if your products span more than one advertiser then definitely change the product id.

Regards,
    David.

Thank you David.
    I had a feeling it would be ok but I wanted to check before I sent them $3,000,000.00 of orders [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    quote:
    I had a feeling it would be ok but I wanted to check before I sent them $3,000,000.00 of orders

LOL
    Well if you want you could slip my ID # in before you do that

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

@ walleyewarrior.
    I might as well because they are not crediting me with any sales [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    How is the weather in Winterpeg? I got up this morning to a blanket of snow [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    Guess I will have to dig the long johns out shortly [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    To you guys who don't live in Canada.
    You do not know what you are misssing, pure white snow with brilliant sunshine and cool cripy clean air, can anyone put me up for 6 months. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Gordon:
    To you guys who don't live in Canada.
    You do not know what you are misssing, pure white snow with brilliant sunshine and cool cripy clean air, can anyone put me up for 6 months. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Gordon
    I am Canadian born but moved to UK when I was 4 years old. I love the snow. Now I live in Tenerife (small spanish island off west coast of Africa for those bad at Geography). We are warm (25C ish - not sure what that is in F) and Sunny.

Do you want to swap for a month?

Otherwise I will have to wait until Teide (tall volcano that is Tenerife) gets snow on top. Funny thing is - even when there is snow on top, it is often warm enough to go swimming in the sea. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

@ perfectG.
    What a coincidence, I was born in the UK and moved to Canada (best move I ever made)
    I also went to Teneriffe a good few years ago with my youngest daughter. We went up to the top of Mt. Teide a few times. I think it was in June, there was quite a bit if snow up there but the weather was fantastic. The landscape up there is out of this world. I think they filmed some space movies up there.
    I loved the rock formations and the different colors especialy on the volcano's vent.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, it is a wonderful place. I know they filmed some Westerns up there and I believe they also filmed some of the Planet of the Apes series (not the movie).

Looking to get a digital camera for Xmas so I can put up a photogallery of this island on my home site.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    @Gordon

No white stuff here, only a few sprinkles
    Drove through freezing rain and snow from SK to MB last week though. I think that was the same day your chinooks brought you more golf weather in the 20's
    Hilarious to see our army trucks travelling west to AB
    One flipped on icy roads and saw 2 others broken down.Think they need to invest in vehicles from the past decade not the last century.

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

Snow, what snow? Just so you guys all know not all of Canada is blanketed in snow - I am enjoying a balmy nice day down here in Southern B.C.

Abigail

Before I moved to Canada I took a holiday in February and during the flight over from the East Coast (and a lot of the sea) it was solid white until we reached the Rockies then the white stuff disappeared. We went on to Vancouver Island and it was like a summers day, in fact I can remember seeing some guys in shorts.

For your information Abigail, if it ain't white it ain't Canada [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

Ahh, that's right - there is the Good part of Canada and then there is the White Canada!!

Abigail

OUCH!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread