Best Place For Original Content Creation
    I've looked around but couldn't find too much info on the best place to get content. If you need original content and/or articles for your site, where is the best bang for you buck. If anyone has experiences with this, please name the site, cost, and your opinion. Thanks!

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    I personally feel you are the best source of original content for your own site.

However, I have hired local english majors from our local colleges to write very specific content.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

I definitely do agree with that, but I find that this is something that I must outsource due to time issues. Also, it seems that companies that do this know how to write "search engine friendly" content for your important keywords. It seems this is becoming increasingly important to AdWords, and it couldn't hurt for organic listings one day.

Quote Originally Posted by visitourmall
    However, I have hired local english majors from our local colleges to write very specific content.
    I like the idea. I am sure you can get content written (yes, that original and unique one that you won't find anywhere on the web) beautifully yet fairly inexpensively this way.

G.

Quote Originally Posted by jdblewitt
    ...it seems that companies that do this know how to write "search engine friendly" content for your important keywords.
    They do, but educating your English or journalism majors on how to plug in your important keywords repeatedly -- and not following the journalistic rule of using synonyms for the same notion/subject -- may actually be more efficient than paying extra to a company...

I have found great writers on Elance.com and Guru.com. 300-500 word researched articles for about $8-15 each. American, native-speaking writers.

Of the two, I find Elance has the better, slightly more expensive writers.

~Bob

You can find writers on digital point forums or on craigslist plus all the freelance websites that are out there.

I think i'm just to cheap to pay someone else to do what I think I can do a better job of anyway.

The time consumption is an issue though. I've been building my first content site (yes i'm a newbie) and I have set a goal to find the time to write just an article a day. It really doesn't take all that much time and they really start piling up after a while.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    The best source for original content is your brain after a good night's sleep. Do some brain storming and mind mapping activities.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Would writing an original article about "original content" blow a hole in the universe?

I've found that the article writers on DigitalPoint.com tend to spit our garbage, but then again, when you're only paying $2 for 100 words, what else do you expect? I've used CommunicateBetter.org (no link) and will continue to do so- the content that Grace and Jon (the owners) produce is amazing.

I've also tried hiring local college kids but I find that they flake off if you don't hound them constantly (which kind of defeats the whole point of outsourcing the content, doesn't it). Not to mention that you have to determine what the "going rate" you're willing to spend is. Most college kids I know won't write 1,000 words for less than $60, whereas I've gotten 2,500 words done before from sites like CommunicateBetter or GetMeContent (not quite as good) for $60.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I have heard good things about eLance too...

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread