ABW Ambassador
    Weirdest Coupon
    NEW: Dick's After Hours Promotion Get 15% off you entire order on December 5th from 1am-8am!

Only 7 hours and the prime buying hours of 1 in the morning to 8 in the morning.

Maybe their servers can't handle the load if they have a rush of visitors at a more normal time of the day.

Did you happen to see the huge list of exclusions in the fine print of the coupon? They must have half the brands they sell listed in there.

I received several days ago from merchant
    coupon code : Kandahar
    LOL even they dont sell Afghan stuff

ABW Ambassador
    Typical GSI managed programs have these weirdest nuances. Get used to GSI

ABW Ambassador
    And just checking my site and they already have a 15% off coupon good until Jan. 31, 2008. So kind of pointless. Weird probably wasn't the right word, maybe pointless is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ghoti
    Maybe their servers can't handle the load if they have a rush of visitors at a more normal time of the day.

Did you happen to see the huge list of exclusions in the fine print of the coupon? They must have half the brands they sell listed in there.
    You haven't seen extreme exclusions unless you have seen a Boscov's coupon. Talk about confusing...

-sfcom

Sears runs soms similar promotions for like 3-6 hours at a time. Even if you were going to try to promote it (and I can because I can specify the TIME that promotions start and end), it's just about impossible because most merchants who do this don't specify their TIME ZONE. A 3 hour difference from Eastern to Pacific means that you could totally miss a 3-hour promotion and be incorrectly listing a 6-hour promotion for half of the time.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    sounds like a Crazy Eddie Sale.
    something this thread made me think about...

Remember Crazy Eddie?

"our prices are insane!"

If you lived in the tri-state area, you'd remember his tv ads and wacky promotions like midnight sales and random giveaways.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

Crazy eddie use to fill boxes with bricks and when you got home, instead of having a TV you'd have bricks to build your self a new wall.

I guess thats why he eneded up in jail.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    These short term sales are awfully time consuming. I suppose the merchant hopes a sense of urgency will drive sales but they might find their offer posted on more sites if the promotion lasts at least 24 hours (2 -3 days min even better).

They can create the sense of urgency by simply saying Offer Ends Soon and asking affiliates to not post the dates.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    I just got an email from a pet related company that had some fine deals - all expiring 11/30/2007. Hmm...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

This whole thread gave me my first laugh of the day I saw a retailer's Black Friday ad on tv yesterday. Like er...
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread