Problems with SAS in Firefox
    SAS's website works fine for me in Explorer, but with Firefox I have a hard time logging in (multiple attempts are usually necessary), and keep getting logged out at random once I'm in.

Anyone have any ideas? I prefer to use Firefox.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I use Fire Fox all the time, I have no login issues on SAS. I'm using version 2

FF 2 (current) and 3 (beta), no problems with logins or staying logged in.

This subject has been dealt with in two or three threads, titled something like "501 and 502 errors," since that's the message those of us experiencing the problem get.

BTW -- I just had that issue again a few minutes ago. Some days it doesn't happen. Other days, it happens CONSTANTLY. Generally, it takes two or three clicks to "re-log in" if I've been logged into SAS using FF for sometimes just a few minutes, sometimes a half hour or so.

None of the explanations I've heard have really helped me understand why it happens, or what to do about it.

It is especially frustrating if I'm using "Make a Page," and looking through the results of a multi-page search. Suddenly, when I try to click to view the HTML on a Make a Page search -- I get thrown back to the 501/502 error message screen. When I finally get logged back in after 2 or 3 attempts -- my Make a Page results have gone away.

I LOVE the SAS network. Most of the money -- as little as it has been! -- that I've made doing affiliate marketing has come from SAS merchants.

But this perpetual login problem with FF is one of those irritating, never-gonna-get-fixed things about SAS (along with the VERY LAME way you cannot save and re-search on "Make a Page" -- but that's a whole other subject better saved for another day).

For what it's worth, I've had this login problem with FF in versions 1.5 and 2.
    Generate more fake news.

I never use IE unless I have to and I have used FF every time I log into SAS and I get in with no issues. I have used almost ever version and still do not get the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    This subject has been dealt with in two or three threads, titled something like "501 and 502 errors," since that's the message those of us experiencing the problem get.
    I don't get any error messages. I just get booted back to the login page.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive
    I never use IE unless I have to and I have used FF every time I log into SAS and I get in with no issues. I have used almost ever version and still do not get the issue.
    Yeah, I think it's one of those great computer mysteries we common mortals are not meant to understand.

Sure a bummer, though, when it happens -- usually causing me to have to retrace and redo everything I was doing at the time.

Ah, well. Somehow life goes on.
    Generate more fake news.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    The thread about 501 errors is here: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...&highlight=501

I'm still getting the errors in FF, too. Sometimes, I can log right in, other times it takes a few attempts. And what Writerguy said about MakeAPage - Arghhh
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

http and a telephoto
    I have gotten to the point where I cannot log in using FF at all. I am using V2. I have IE open just to log into merchants. It gives me a failed login message about passwords or user names being incorrect. It matters not if I use Roboform or if I type them in directly.

(I really dislike using IE)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    I use FF 90% of the time for all my use, V 2.0.0.6

No problems with SAS
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I use Firefox and yes I sometimes get those messages and I just keep clicking to log in until it accepts. It is very intermittent. I never use make-a-page (pop shops is many times better).

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    The thread about 501 errors is here: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...&highlight=501

I'm still getting the errors in FF, too. Sometimes, I can log right in, other times it takes a few attempts. And what Writerguy said about MakeAPage - Arghhh
    Yeah, I had the Make a Page problem BIG TIME yesterday. I was using it to create a couple of landing pages for my first-ever PPC campaign. No, I don't just use the Make a Page (before someone asks!) to copy-and-paste then call it a "landing page." But I do get some useful CSS, photo/graphic, and links by using Make a Page.

After it happens a couple of times in a row...

So now I take sort of the approach loxly uses: I keep IE open just for SAS and use FF almost exclusively otherwise.

Awkward, but it works.
    Generate more fake news.

I'm getting this errors in FF too. But only when my firewall is active.
    Probably it is problem with SAS+firewall...

Exclamation
    This is getting a tad flipping annoying now I wish they would fix it.

Sorry this is happening to you guys! It must be very frustrating. Odd that some people are having problems and some aren't! I sure hope a solution will present itself shortly...

I think it would help if people listed all the addons they have installed on FF, and whether they use anti-spyware. A pattern might emerge.

I use FF exclusively, I've never had a single problem with it and SAS.

However, when I first started on CJ I did notice problems, which I finally tracked down to the fact that I had Anti-Spyware installed (Spybot S&D and Norton).

And I tried oh so hard to join Linkshare and, oh my gosh, it must be the worst user interface experience I've ever had. I tried getting in using FF, IE and finally Netscape. Followed their instructions to the letter, removed all anti-spyware, managed to get in with NS but their web interface was simply not retaining my selections, I just gave up on them. I can't do business with people who haven't got their act together - *I* can put together something better than this.

I'm a web architect by trade and any site that doesn't do user testing should be spat upon and avoided. But my gut is telling me that this FF issue is not SAS's fault. It's an interesting puzzle - because I have anti-spyware installed, and have loads and loads of FF addons and blockers. If anyone would be having problems with SAS it should be me, and yet I'm fine?

It's easy to blame the web browser but whatever the cause is it's causing a problem to a subset of users and Shareasale need to address that.

I don't have any anti-spyware, nor firewall. I run the Google Toolbar and use Firefox's built in password remembering thingy.

Mac OS X Leopard - Firefox

No problems here. I'm using FF 2.0.0.11.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I have problems with the login, some days more often then others. I'm always surprised when I log-in on my first try. I use FF, always have the most updated version. I've just learned to keep clicking the login until I get through - eventually I get there.

I don't use Make a Page much, but I do use the link to custom page tool a lot. After getting booted out so many times, I finally learned to be *really quick* when creating my links. You could say my log-in problems have made me a lot more efficient and productive.

I do use a lot of FF add-ons, though. And I run Avast and ZoneAlarm. I log-in using my Roboform FF add-on.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Just a general note...

I'm not sure it is the cause in this specific case, but running things like ZoneAlarm, Roboform, etc....can cause login problems.

As an even further side-note, it suprises me that so many people trust FF extensions the way that they do - is it because it appears that they are from FF themselves, or that FF vouches for them, etc... ? Anyhow, like I said... sidenote.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    it suprises me that so many people trust FF extensions the way that they do - is it because it appears that they are from FF themselves, or that FF vouches for them, etc... ?
    I don't really trust FF extensions, I just find some extensions to be essential to my work, such as SEO for Firefox, SEO Quake, Web Developer, FireBug and HTML Validator. If time is money these pay for themselves and they're free.

For sensitive financial stuff I use another browser altogether which I only fire up for that express purpose. It doesn't visit any other sites but my banks.

Just a question of managed levels of risk, I guess.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I did have one issue today, when logging into SAS using Firefox in the affiliate interface, I checked the box of the promoted program and was logged in and then logged out back to the same page. Never happened before and didn't happen once I unchecked the promoted program box.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread