Make It Work for You
    Affiliate Programs and SEO

While good SEO skills will get your page noticed by search engines by themselves there other tricks to help increase their effectiveness. Affiliate programs can be a good way to increase your website’s own SEO attributes. There are different types of affiliate programs. An older one would be the old banner concept which predates pay-per-click. Google’s Adwords is a modern incarnation of this where by people can profit from Google’s pay-per-click business. Let’s look at some of these.

Not all affiliate programs have to be for profit. There are many people who are just looking to get traffic to their sites by cooperating with other sites. Just as a strong page on your website can help increase the rankings of your other pages rankings on affiliates’ sites can do the same. Don’t confuse affiliates with guest books or link pages. An affiliate is working with some kind of service or business to make a profit so it is a function of commerce. This will help with the search engines’ rankings. Search engines look for link pages and don’t give them a very high ranking so they wouldn’t help you very much. However since affiliate pages are used for commerce they are going to have a much stronger ranking. Affiliates can act as a team just like the pages on your site.

Another point to consider is that pages that are involved with affiliate programs are going to be set up well in order to profit from them. So this is analogous to strong members of a team making a colossal team effort. Enough strong pages driving traffic to your site is lie diverting a river to a drought stricken town.

Fortunately affiliate programs are easy to find so just keep in mind what kind you would be willing to do for your site. Don’t give yourself more work than you need to.

Discover the sneaky (yet legal) strategies will enable you to squeeze every single cent from your website visitors. Each of these Affiliate Landmines could be worth thousands to you!!!
    [2nd link drop & BAN warning. Please read our rules]
    Last edited by Merchant Consultant Team; December 5th, 2007 at 08:02 AM.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    lolol
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!

Thanks for sharing the information!!!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I think I smell spam with a side of MLM.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    There are different types of affiliate programs. An older one would be the old banner concept which predates pay-per-click. Google’s Adwords is a modern incarnation of this where by people can profit from Google’s pay-per-click business.
    The info. in that post seems very newbie-ish. In fact, it seems to be saying that Google Adwords is a new affiliate program. I wonder if Google knows this? It reminds me of the thread about the pay for content service.

Here is my favorite part:

Not all affiliate programs have to be for profit. ...Don’t confuse affiliates with guest books or link pages. An affiliate is working with some kind of service or business to make a profit so it is a function of commerce.
    So... um... affiliate programs are often not for profit, but an affiliate is working to make a profit. I'm confused. I really thought affiliate programs were internet applications for making guest books (with banners). Is that why my 100 guest book websites aren't making much money?

Another point to consider is that pages that are involved with affiliate programs are going to be set up well in order to profit from them. So this is analogous to strong members of a team making a colossal team effort. Enough strong pages driving traffic to your site is lie diverting a river to a drought stricken town.
    How is that? Perhaps it is explained in part 2?

9. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread