ABW Ambassador
    went to accountant to have taxes done. he emailed me that he had filed an extension because he didn't want to file it yet, thought he could get the $$ we will owe down more. Then he asked for a deposit for his services.

This is my first experience with an accountant doing our taxes, but I know H&R Block only takes my money when they have finished doing our taxes. Is this common practice with accountants? anyone have any advice....he has all our tax papers and says he filed the extension, but we haven't seen anything nor has he given us any indication of what he's done thus far.

??

It's more fun to jump on the trampoline than sit underneath it!

ABW Ambassador
    Hmm, this is the first time i ever used an accountant and i didn't pay until i picked up the finished paperwork. Don't know why they would need a deposit.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    i thought it sounded a bit screwy. hope i didn't pick some screwup...lol

It's more fun to jump on the trampoline than sit underneath it!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I've never had to pay a deposit. I've paid initial consultation fees, but they were spending F2F time with me establishing my situation and needs. That's fair. I've always paid when I pick up any documents they may be doing for me. After I pass them a check, they pass me the docs.

Sounds like he may have gotten himself in a bind and was not able to get everyone's returns done in time. He may be trying to get some of his fees upfront he he was anticipating a certain amount of revenue coming in from his perspective. But generally, anyone who does require a deposit is going to ask for it upfront before they start the work, not once into it. That's the point of a deposit.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Something sounds screwy to me. I've never pre-paid for accounting services. I can see paying for it when you pick it up until you're an established customer, but my accountant normally sends me a bill later on.

Might be this particular one is having cash flow problems...

Andy

MERCHANTS! Ask yourselves: "What's in my affiliate program that makes it worthwhile to publishers?" Hint: if you have one day cookies, or if the cookie is deleted after the first sale, or if you reverse legitimate transactions, you have nothing to offer.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread