Any SAS Merchants use goldenCAN?
    I have been looking around some places to get my datafeed on and I came across goldenCAN. I have heard about it before, but never really fully checked into it. I want to know if any merchant here has or is using it and what are the results. Even if you are not a merchant, but you run a program for someone that uses it, I just want to know. They charge a monthly fee and I want to know if it would even be worth it for me to join. Thanks for your imput!

Many SAS Merchants on GC, just open an account and you can view the list. Many free, many 4th click. CSN stores is not there yet. You will like it.

Do you know if they charge a fee for every merchant? i would think that if you use the 4th click, then why would you have to pay them a monthly fee?

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    Many SAS Merchants on GC, just open an account and you can view the list. Many free, many 4th click. CSN stores is not there yet. You will like it.
    HI 2Busy,

I spoke with Asif about getting us on there. He got back to me and said it will take him a little while to get integrated. Once he is good to go we will be on there!! I'll be sure to let you know when this happens.

Thanks,
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

No fee ever at all never. The service is always free, some merchants give affiliates a break and pay the fee, if they don't then you pay via fourth click.

I am talking about a fee for the merchant. I was told that it would cost me monthly for the service, even if I provided goldenCAN with every 4th click. Is it normal for the merchant to pay a fee to goldenCAN?

OK, you're the merchant. Can't say what's normal, but your "giving" them 4th click doesn't pay them for the service of hosting and distributing your datafeed. "Giving" Golden Can 4th click only costs your affiliates every 4th click. Some affiliates stay away from 4th click feeds, some don't mind.

If a merchant provides an rss datafeed that includes the affiliate's ID already embedded into each url, that is very easy to convert into html. I do it on the fly using php without relying on the goldencan 4th clicks. On the other hand, as long as the merchant isn't low on funds, I'll almost always sign up for the free goldencan merchants.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread