Hi all,

anybody using wireless mouse and keyboard?
    and if you are using it, do you like it and does it really work wonder?

I am looking at TigerDirect Catalog and I am interested of this
    Advanced RF Tech.

and if I buy it, do I need to get other tech stuff with it?

any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!
    thanks in advance.

have a great day and build build build...

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

I got a wireless keyboard and mouse for Christmas, but I haven't connected it yet. Guess I really should to see how it works. It seems like it's pretty nice, and I like the idea of being able to move the keyboard completely out of the way if you want to use the desk for something else.

I'll let you know when I get it connected.

Andy

MERCHANTS! Ask yourselves: "What's in my affiliate program that makes it worthwhile to publishers?" Hint: if you have one day cookies, or if the cookie is deleted after the first sale, or if you reverse legitimate transactions, you have nothing to offer.

I have them installed in many client sites, and they all seem to love them. I also use one on my own system, and would never go back to a corded mouse and keyboard.

You shouldn't need anything additional with it, except maybe batteries.

I will act now. I will act now. I will act now.

thank you Andy and MisterUnz...

now I know what I want for christmas!

Hey Happypoon Hint Hint! lol...

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

ABW Ambassador
    I also got a wireless mouse for Christmas. It's a Microsoft wireless mouse. I don't like it and don't use it because it's much harder to click on than my Logitech wired mouse.

I really don't see what the advantage of a wireless mouse is.

ABW Ambassador
    I'd never go back to a corded mouse again. Don't move the keyboard around much so its still corded..I think I have a few wireless ones around somewhre but, I can't give up the split Ergo M$ (ugh) keyboard... If I could find a Split/Ergo keyboard thats wireless and not junk, but, at a cheap price I'd get one in a second, though.

I recommend looking at the logitech MX or whatever its called wireless mouse with the cradle which charges it. My older logitech optical wirelss mouse eats AA batts like cookie monster.... Have to upgrade soon...

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ... But she only comes when she's on top.

I won a Logitech cordless mouse / keyboard combo back when logitech gave away 20,000 of them on their website in December. I like it a lot although the mouse eats batteries like crazy. It's possible I have a bad mouse but I do use it more than most people and I ain't complaining since they were nice enough to give them away.

I just went to the Logitech site where they gave them away last year and it looks like they're having a new contest this time for people from a few countries other than the US but keep an eye on that site occasionally and maybe they'll have another giveaway.

Free is always good.

I was going to buy a cordless one but I think I would lose it. Maybe if I clean my desk...

Leader is my hero.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What's the point of having that stuff wireless, other than the "cool" factor?

It's not like I'd be trying to run the computer from across the room...

-I've been a king, and I've been a pauper, and everything there is in between ~fairly old country song

I love my wireless optical mouse, but definitely eats the batteries.

If batteries are a concern I suggest you pick up a Maha MH-C204F and a couple of Powerex 2000mAH batteries. These are AA and AAA batteries for digital camera use. If you ever used regular Duracell Alkaline batteries in a Digi cam you know that'll take about 5 pictures before the batteries are dead (at least in my camera). Recharger and 8 Batteries will set you back about $50, but these things last forever on a single charge. They more than pay for themselves.

I find them great for regular everyday use. CD players, portable electronics, these things rock. Run a google search for some reviews and you'll hear nothing but raves on them.

Maha Rechargable Batteries

ABW Ambassador
    etlt: I totally missed out on that free giveaway.

Leader: My mouse tail was always dragging across crap on my desk or generally being a pain.. being able to just grab the mouse w/o that thing dragging behind it, etc.. I dunno, I just wouldn't want to go back.

paul: mcm electronics had some duracell nimh aa and aaa for under $1 each... I recommend that route too. Though I'd prefer the cordless mouse with the cradle which charges it

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ... But she only comes when she's on top.

I went crazy and bought a top of the range pc last month, came with a cordless mouse and keyboard - they both work fine. The mouse batteries lasted one month - 2 AAA's. There's a receiver thing plugs into a USB port.

I had them but when my house went wireless... they started conflicting, and I have never been able to make it right. WHAAA!So if you are using wireless internet access and trying to use a wireless mouse and keyboard, hopefully it will work for you.. if you are not using wireless internet then should be great.. but the keyboard and mouse went through OODLES of batteries. I had to buy one of those million boxes of batteries at costso, LOL!

ABW Ambassador
    No problems encountered so far with my 802.11b and wireless mouse...

----
    -J

ABW Ambassador
    Logitech MX700 at amzn. (Not an affiliate link) Not the best price there...

EDIT: If you're an affiliate of "JustDeals" through CJ, they just sent a CJ email about a promotion on this thing actually...

[This message was edited by Joseph Monuit on April 16, 2003 at 03:44 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    I highly recommend the Logitech package w/ wireless keyboard and wireless optical mouse. The mouse can eat up batteries, but if you get regargeables, it's well worth it and will avoid a lot of headaches
    I've seen that package as low as $60 w/ rebate at a couple stores

FreeCallz.com

I have a couple (won one through the Logitech contest, already owned one).

They work well and I like them, great when you're travelling with your laptop and a cordless mouse.

The battery life sucks but I read somewhere that it sucks worst when you have the mouse on a dark surface (absorbs more of the optical part of the mouse so it needs to work harder to work out where the mouse is moving).

Mark Mitford
    RevShares.com
    Solutions for Affiliate Program Managers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What's the point of having that stuff wireless, other than the "cool" factor?

It's not like I'd be trying to run the computer from across the room...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless you have pet rabbits! After going through quite a few corded mice and keyboards in 2 years (rabbits love to chew cords for the uninformed ), I decided on the cordless. Now I'll never go back. I was skeptical at first but they work like a charm. Just be sure to have some extra batteries handy.

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    I have gone back and forth. For very precise tasks, sometimes the wireless does not have what it takes. I have a Microsoft Pro Keyboard with a USB bus imbedded. I have a wireless optical mouse in one, and a corded logitech on the other. Works like a charm.

IamJaloppy

The most important thing is to get an optical mouse! The rest doesnt matter.
    There is a big diference between the optical and the old -ball-mouse-.

&lt;- I love this Graemlins

ABW Ambassador
    Yup... can't live without optical..and cordless!...

Argh..Mark reminded me again. that dang logitech promotion. I missed it. I think I was traveling that day and then was too late...

----
    -J

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread