[Help Needed] Need A Starter
    Hi, everybody!

I'm quite new to online businesses and i have had a few tries (all failed) but i am very willing to learn more about this field.

Could anyone please give me a starter on how to make my website/blog for affiliate marketing/selling my own product. I have one website which only had about 10 clicks in a month. =( crappy traffic.

I seriously don't think i am good at anything. So posting information on stuff that i promote would be difficult for me.

I have written a short Ebook though, of about 20+ pages and i hope i can find a good way to market it. (its about studying but its abit crappy).

Oh yes, do you people think i should go with clickbank for affiliate programs?

Thank You for your time,
    Zack

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jyzackoh
    Hi, everybody!

I have written a short Ebook though, of about 20+ pages and i hope i can find a good way to market it. (its about studying but its abit crappy).

Oh yes, do you people think i should go with clickbank for affiliate programs?
    Uhmmm ... if you think your e-book is crappy why would any self-respecting publisher want to promote it?

I think, before anything else, you need to get a grip on your talents and/or ability to believe in yourself and what you're creating/doing.

Therapy or a guru might help. ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Online Marketing Consultant
    I see many things wrong in your post....First I'd like to point out that your e-book is about studying. I would like to reccomend you study how to run successfull blogs and sites and drive traffic by reading threads on this forum, as well as webmaster world, seo book and other sites which will help you learn how to drive traffic. You should also read other people's blogs within your niche that are popular and try to figure out why people continue to come back to it and link to it. You'll probably find the good and popular ones provide good information that the audience is looking for and not generic sales pitches. (not saying anything about your blog as I have never seen it.)

Second you should read The Magic Bullet thread and understand there is no easy way to do it. You need to "study" long and hard and work even harder to get it to take off.

Third, if you are selling the product yourself as an affiliate and running your program, you are not going to find many good affiliates which will help you or run your book. You may also want to think about not using affiliate links for yourself as if you drive the sales naturally, why pay a network for your own sales.

Fourth, if you think it is crappy as you stated above, like Rexanne said, why would anyone help you push it.

Now, get yourself some confidence, take your own e-books advice and study hard by reading forums like this one, work hard and keep at it not expecting instant results, and then you should slowly start to see success.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

I seriously don't think i am good at anything. So posting information on stuff that i promote would be difficult for me.
    Zack, I find this hard to believe. In my experience everyone is good at something and sometimes it just takes a little time and self reflection to discover what that is.

Maybe you should start with your your interests and/or hobbies. Do your friends or family ever seek your advice on certain topics? Are you a sports enthusiast? A good amateur photographer? Are you knowledgeable about a particular subject that could be in demand? Think a little more abstractly and look for those things that you may not have considered before.

Also take Liquidate's advice. Study. The Internet has libraries of information on any subject that you could imagine. You can expand your expertise in anything just by searching and reading.

You also need to have a little bit of confidence in yourself and set higher expectations. Don't try to sell a "crappy e-book". Is that really what you want people to associate you with? Gather the knowledge and learn the skills necessary to make it a fantastic e-book. You'll feel much better about your product and about yourself.

Good luck in your future endeavors. But remember at some point you may have to face the realization that this isn't the right business for you at this time.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Uhmmm ... if you think your e-book is crappy why would any self-respecting publisher want to promote it?

I think, before anything else, you need to get a grip on your talents and/or ability to believe in yourself and what you're creating/doing.

Therapy or a guru might help. ;-)
    Rexanne, you nailed this one. And I know you're not doing so to be mean, it's the actually the kindest advice you can offer. Serious and sincere feedback is so hard to get, and to get it from an expert is even more rare.

Step back, reassess your talents and desires, and focus on using the best stuff you can bring to the table. It's optimization 101.

Rexanne and I are very different, so are our sites and affiliate business, but we're both successful. Find your path by focusing on you, and that starts with identifying your strengths first and putting them into action. Further, where you find your weaknesses (we all have them), find ways to overcome them - there's a billion solutions, but only one that's best for you.

Chin up and go kick some ass.

http and a telephoto
    Is your ebook crappy because the content is crappy or because it isn't presented well? If the content is bad, no one wants it. Have a editor review it for you if you are serious about publishing it. People don't want ebooks just for the sake of having one, you will hurt your reputation (before you even have one) by putting out a product that is substandard.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

If you say you're not good at anything, then maybe make that the focus of your blog. Tell your failure stories. People love to read that stuff. Maybe they'll have pity on you, and buy your ebook.

Thank You!
    Thank you everyone for the good advice.

But erm, should i start telling my friends about my blog and have them link me? Because my friends' blogs are just like dairies and it would be weird to have a business blog in their links.

After some self-reflection, well i realised people do ask me about science(i take physics, biology and chemistry) questions in school. If this is my strength, how can i start to expand on this niche, because little people even want to care about school stuff, and the syllabus is different in different countries =(

I also think i'm quite good at designing and i'm going to give my room a make-over this year-end vacations. Can i include that in my blog too?

Also, what would you all suggest to be a good platform to start blogging? i'm on linux but everything is pretty well the same. I've tried blogger and wordpress. Blogger's designs are not very nice, while Wordpress doesn't let you have AdSense(actually you can but i can't understand the tutorial).

Thank You for your time & help once again =)
    Zack

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar

But erm, should i start telling my friends about my blog and have them link me? Because my friends' blogs are just like dairies and it would be weird to have a business blog in their links.
    I don't think affiliate marketing is the best way to monetize your blog.
    1. de-crap it. Make it good.
    2. Don't market crap (see #1). No one, not even your friends will want to link to it until it isn't crap.
    3. add Adsense and other easier monetization strategies.
    4. keep studying and learning more until you have a good site.

Not yet. You want to make sure that you have something of interest for them to link to first.

After some self-reflection, well i realised people do ask me about science(i take physics, biology and chemistry) questions in school. If this is my strength, how can i start to expand on this niche, because little people even want to care about school stuff, and the syllabus is different in different countries =(
    You really want a broader market than just other students. Look at the world around you. What are some of the everyday issues that people face that can be addressed through science. Can you apply your expertise to some of these issues and write an interesting blog that would compel visitors to return for your insights?

I also think i'm quite good at designing and i'm going to give my room a make-over this year-end vacations. Can i include that in my blog too?
    That depends. Does it fit with the overall theme of your blog? If not it would probably be best to exclude it or to include it as a sidebar. Maybe a blog on redesign would be a good idea. You could chronicle the process that you go through in redesigning your space and include discussions on what choices you make and why. At the same time you can offer tips to your readers and invite comments. You could monetize a blog like this by linking to the various products that you encounter during the process. The key is to write about a subject that you have knowledge of and that would be interesting to your readers.

Also, what would you all suggest to be a good platform to start blogging? i'm on linux but everything is pretty well the same. I've tried blogger and wordpress. Blogger's designs are not very nice, while Wordpress doesn't let you have AdSense(actually you can but i can't understand the tutorial).
    Can't help you with this one but if you do a search here for the different blogging platforms, you'll find plenty of info.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Hi,
    Sounds like you need to take a step back from the tactical level of ebooks, distribution, affiliate marketing for a moment, and look at your business strategy...

Why are you doing what you're doing?

If it's for income, you might want to consider either promoting an affiliate program, one which has good affiliate resources if you're new to this.

If you'd like to start at a simpler level, look at the buy/sell/trade section of most forums and look at the requests for link/directory submission, article writing, site development, and take on some of those jobs. it will be very educational for you.

-

If you're sincere about picking up the knowledge necessary to succeed in affiliate marketing, you might like to spend the first 6months - 1 year picking up the skills, and possibly making some $$$ on the side if you're going on the SEO/free traffic generation route.

If you're planning to master paid search, you should have a budget of $200 - $500 and focus on mastering one paid search engine. I believe yahoo or adcenter will be an easier learning experience than adwords...

-
    It takes about 10-12 years of going to school to function in society...
    it won't take as long to succeed online, but it will still take a little time...

PS: Putting out a crappy product is going to have karmic repercussions on your brand and your rep, especially if you try to put out another product later...

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew wee

Putting out a crappy product is going to have karmic repercussions on your brand and your rep, especially if you try to put out another product later...
    Good stuff Andrew! I agree 100%!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Some Adsense plug-ins for wordpress here: http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archi...oogle-adsense/

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread