Question PC Universe - On and Off?
    I saw that PC Universe offered a Golden Can feed so I signed up, but now they are showing as "InActive Merchant" there. A whole new site section down the tubes before it got a good start. I just checked in SAS and they are showing a 77+% Reversal Rate. Are these problems related? It helps affiliates to know when they can see weird things if there is an underlying reason - or are these the advance signs for "Run Awaaaay"?

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Interesting...checking!!
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Found it...the reversal rate...an affiliate who was trademark bidding, which is not permitted by this particular merchant's terms (and those terms have been in place since the start ofthe program)

As for GoldenCAN, I'm checking with them! The feeds are all good from this end!
    best,
    Carolyn

Looks like they're actually not on GoldenCAN yet...so shot a quick email over to Asif and Michele. Will let you know when they're up and ready to go!

Looks like they're actually not on GoldenCAN yet...

That's funny, I got all their shops several days ago in Golden Can, it's just that I had trouble setting the colors and then when I tried to preview the shops I get the "InActive Merchant" thing. Ok, I'll keep waiting. Thanks for your help Carolyn, I sent a note to GC and got no answer yet.
    Last edited by 2busy; December 7th, 2007 at 02:29 PM. Reason: was'nt done

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    Looks like they're actually not on GoldenCAN yet...

That's funny, I got all their shops several days ago in Golden Can, it's just that I had trouble setting the colors and then when I tried to preview the shops I get the "InActive Merchant" thing. Ok, I'll keep waiting. Thanks for your help Carolyn, I sent a note to GC and got no answer yet.
    PC Universe is not yet live on GoldenCAN. It might take a couple of more days before their program is live on GoldenCAN. You might have created a store while someone was testing their data feed and temporarily activated them. We will make changes so in the future we donít display the merchant in the list which is in testing mode. Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks Asif!
    best,
    Carolyn

Reversal Rate
    2busy,

Our program is brand new and we are still focused on signing up affiliates and building up the program. In other words, not a lot of sales have been generated through this channel, YET. The high reversal rate is because one of the very first affiliates to sign up, sent us a whole bunch of sales, but it turns out he was getting those sales by using ppc bidding of our trademarks. This is in direct violation of our policy so those sales were reversed. I can assure you that PC Universe is committed to running an affiliate program based on high integrity and fairness. As we continue to sign on new affiliates and generate business through this channel, you should see that reversal rate steadily declining.

Thanks,

Tom Livia
    President
    PC Universe, Inc.

Thanks for the personal response Tom, I went bck in to GC and see that the codes I had are still the same so I'm just getting the template ready. It's good to see a merchant dedicated to staying on top of their program. GoldenCAN is an excellent resource for huge datafeeds like yours. Only one more nit to pick is that the feeds are referred to as free but they are 4th click.
    FREE data feeds for the latest prices and inventory (GoldenCan and Popshops).
    I do think your stats will improve once the word gets out.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread