Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Please, somebody tell me some good things about LS and LS merchants?
    I've noticed looking around the various forums at ABW that there are almost NEVER any good, positive comments about LS or LS merchants?

Now, really, I gotta believe any network as big as LS has to be doing something right?

I'm really not meaning to sound sarcastic or silly here. I have several LS merchants I've signed on with as an affiliate. But I really haven't done much with them in the past and I'm doing almost exclusively SAS merchants at present.

But I really would like to hear some good things from people having success with LS and LS merchants. For starters, Mondera's with LS and reported some terrific sales and affiliate commissions just recently. But there must be others, aren't there? Am I just seeing too much of the negative and not paying attention to the positive?

I know you successful LS people and LS merchants have gotta be out there somewhere??

Give a shout.
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    As far as the merchants, there are lots of good ones. As in every network.

As far as LS, I could have a simple text link to the home page and if somebody buys something, LS will tell me the products purchased. Kind of like Amazon, think it's the only network that does that from a basic link.

The non-commissionable sales report. You don't like to see your sales going there but it's a great report for affiliates, wish other networks had that one. It's basically showing you all the sales you should have gotten if the merchant had a decent cookie.

ABW Ambassador
    I have awesome LS merchants, that convert really well.

I love the LS traditional report structure as well. I agree with Trust about the links report and the non-commissonable report.

The problem is that it is broken so much of the time. LS could be truly fabulous - but it isn't.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I wrote about this in another thread a few months back, as i recall...

It seems that once I have a LS merchant's products doing well, the merchant either changes networks, drops their program, or goes out of business, much more so than with any other network.

This has been the case with good to great performing merchants including Target, Marshall Fields, Gumps, Cooking.com, Salton, Silvio, DiningWare, Dishes Decor and More, and others.

There are, though, some stabile, pretty good merchants for me that have stayed with LS, and as Trust and Aunt Lily have said, when working and when you can log in, some of their report features are excellent.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Tax Paying Member
    I got a CHECK to day.
    What more can I say.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    We do extremely well with our LS merchants. Don't think it has anything to do with LS. But they have some excellent merchants.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    But, interestingly enough, just as I finished entering the above post I went to look at the LS reports and, guess what? The interface is down. So...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

ABW Ambassador
    Some good things about LS:
    1.Lots of great merchants
    2.Great reporting system, especially traditional reports
    3.Email alert regarding Merchant Status
    4.Pay on time

Several of these have been mentioned already, but here are some of the good things (with some caveats) from my perspective:

1. Some great, high profile merchants (although the corporate mentality comes with most big companies).
    2. Weekly payments (although you actually get your paid sooner with CJ or SAS).
    3. The old reports are great (but don't get me started on Synergy Analytics).
    4. They throw some very good conventions.
    5. They have some incredible account managers (for their best affiliates).
    6. They've done a good job listening to their advisory boards (although implementation is very slow).
    7. Their VP of product development really gets it.

There are tons of areas where they could improve, but they do a decent job.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    To follow up on Micheal's post.

8. Some experienced program managers.
    9. Competitive and providing new tools (RSS and check out Trust's post about LS announcements. Though as Michael said, some tools like Synergy Analytics should still be in Beta or Chalie)
    10. LS Acct mgmt team. When I was managing the Wyndham Vacation Resorts program, calling up my acct manager/director, etc was never an issue and they are knowledgable.

To touch on merchants on LS
    There are many merchants on LS that knows what they are doing. You will just need to dig through and identify them.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    There was a time where I removed all my LS merchants (except 2) - they were at the top of my list

But they've made changes. They've come a long way. If I had a Christmas Card list, they'd be on it

Are they where they should be? No. But no network is.

Most importantly, you partner with a MERCHANT, not a NETWORK.

Aahhhh. That feels better. Much better. Good to hear some good things. Seems, as I said in my original post, like all I'd seen about LS was negative. Just goes to show I probably wasn't looking carefully enough -- or maybe just not paying attention.

You guys have just about persuaded me to get busy and work on some LS merchants and some pages I've thought about for awhile but not done.

Thanks so much. Shows how my perspective can get skewed -- and how excellent this place is to get it adjusted.
    Generate more fake news.

#11. I received a small check from them yesterday afternoon.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Talking
    LS AM's call me every so often to ask how I am doing. Beyond that... ?

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    ... You guys have just about persuaded me to get busy and work on some LS merchants and some pages I've thought about for awhile but not done.
    I'm a Web developer/Affiliate Marketer new to Linkshare and this forum, so it's good to "hear" a few good things about LS.

Thanks, writerguy, for initiating this thread.

FlipOne
    "As simple as possible, but not any simpler." - Albert Einstein
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; December 9th, 2007 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Removed keyword stuffed manual sig

ABW Ambassador
    I compare Linkshare to a Ferrari in Parts, it could be very good, they have great features like RSS feeds(sadly this is a neglected feature as a number of merchants don't update their links), Link Locater, lots of potential with reports but in their present state are slow, they offer an excellent datafeed system & most of their merchants convert. Their main downside comes from terrible link urls which cause me all sorts of problems with css based sites with the ugly coding system they have, no sub tracking so you have to create a whole new profile & sign up for each merchant again for each website which is a real pain for people who own hundreds of sites and is not even worth considering. Their support is one of the worst unless you contact a LS manager directly and their site is often down. So if they fixed these last things & rebuilt everything on a modern back-end (not some prehistoric system from the mid 90's that is like patching up a rusting old dodge, completely redone their whole interface from a design & usability perspective and then got all these good features they have developed all working & integrated then they could be very good network but at the moment they are not even close.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Outsourced Program Manager Azam Marketing's Avatar
    There are, of course, many brand name merchants on LS and, something that's not always the case with other networks, I've found the staff to be highly knowledgeable and efficient.

I've been getting a better response rate from LS Merchants. My major complaints in the past had to do with a lack of response from both Merchants and LS. We'll see if this improvement continues.

ABW Ambassador
    I am happy that they now consolidate payments and do direct deposit. The reporting on what's been deposited is great.

I wish they had a better report about what is outstanding.

They finally stopped forcing us to change our password every 90 days, and didn't completely remove the old reports (as they indicated they would when they released the synergy analytics.)

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    The best thing I can say is a lot of good diversified merchants, the worst thing is their affiliate manager. Impossible to get an answer from, course, I haven't found too many that really will work with you. SAS has about the best in that department. I wish the affiliate managers would understand that we all have the same goal, to make as many sales as possible and make money. I'd love to have phone numbers for all the affiliate managers instead of having to rely on email.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshiner
    The best thing I can say is a lot of good diversified merchants, the worst thing is their affiliate manager.
    I think you have to find the right merchant with the right affiliate manager at the wheel. Case and Angel was running the program for OnlineShoes.com and if my memory serves me correctly, he was nominated AM of the year.
    All I can say is find the right merchant with the right driver.

Have a great day

ABW Ambassador
    they have, no sub tracking so you have to create a whole new profile & sign up for each merchant again for each website which is a real pain for people who own hundreds of sites and is not even worth considering
    LS has sub tracking through their 'Signature' system. You have to apply to them to enable this feature for you. I use it for all my merchants from LS, and it works great.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_park
    LS has sub tracking through their 'Signature' system. You have to apply to them to enable this feature for you. I use it for all my merchants from LS, and it works great.
    thanks for pointing that out & I would never have known for you been kind enough to mention it, I will look into it...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

sam_park does this cost any money and how do I sign-up for this signature sytem sub tracking?

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast