Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Thumbs up AvantLink Notification Center
    I wanted to start a thread to announce that our Notification Center is now live. Please have a look and feel free to discuss here or email us if you have any questions.

There are versions of the Notification Center now live for both merchants and Affiliates. These tools help you keep up on important account events, and they consists of several RSS notification subscriptions as well as a Firefox browser plugin.

You may find the Notification Center in your account interface under 'Account -> Notification Center'.

More information including a list of current RSS notification feeds available on the AvantShare blog:

AvantLink Notification Center is live

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    So there's no notifications unless you use RSS?

There's no description of any of the add-ons. I would never download/install something to my computer without some kind of description as to what it does.

Billy there is more info on the blog.. see link above.

And if you login and check it out you'll see that there are the following notification options for you to choose from:

* Event Notifications (RSS)
    * Report Email Subscriptions
    * Mozilla Add-Ons

Gary, I DID login - that's why I asked those questions... which I'll now rephrase:

1. RSS: Is the following info only available thru RSS?
    # Merchant emails - Feed of all merchant email announcements.
    # Modified ads - Feed of all new or modified merchant ads.
    # Transaction (sale, adjustment, bonus) listing - Feed of all transactions that occur.
    # Association changes - Feed of merchant recruitment offers, application acceptances/denials, commission changes.
    # Network emails - Feed of all AvantLink network email announcements.
    # New merchants - A feed of the newest merchants to go live in the AvantLink network.

Wii I still have access to that information without using RSS?

2. Report email Subscriptions
    You asked for our op. While some may want this, I don't want any more emails then necessary

3. Mozilla Add-Ons
    As previously stated, unless AvantLink wants to tell us what they are, what they do, show an example... I'm not clicking the install link.

The only info provided is a link that goes to "Add-ons are small pieces of software that can add new features or tiny tweaks to your Thunderbird. They can add new search engines or dictionaries in other languages, change the look of Thunderbird with a new theme, or much more. Take a look around and see what add-ons can do for you."

If you don't want RSS, email or Firefox notifications, then why are you even looking at this tool?

Do you have suggestions for us on how to provide notifications besides the three choices we're offering already?

Keep in mind these are just additional options for Affiliates to choose from. You don't have to use any of them.

Why am I looking at this tool?

I wanted to start a thread to announce that our Notification Center is now live. Please have a look and feel free to discuss here or email us if you have any questions.
    YOU ASKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks for NOT answering my questions!

I'm resolved to NOT know what the downloads do. Resolved to NOT know if this info will still be available without RSS.

Geez! Happy Monday! You start a thread about notifications... but I guess asking a direct question is not an option! Maybe the answers are only in the RSS feed!!!!!

We'll work on adding more detailed info about the Firefox plugin, but it's open source so in the meantime go ahead and have a look...

2. Report email Subscriptions
    You asked for our op. While some may want this, I don't want any more
    emails then necessary
    This is the exact reason we created these RSS feed options because a lot of Affiliates are tired of loading up their inboxes. In case anyone hasn't used the Thunderbird RSS feed options, it's pretty cool. The RSS items come into a folder similar to an email, but you control whether you want the subscription or not simply by configuring it. Here's more info on how to do that:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/RSS_basics_%28Thunderbird%29

Also, if you use Outlook, we tested the following RSS feed plugin and it seems to work pretty well:
    http://www.attensa.com/products/readers/outlook/ (Attensa for Outlook)

Also, here's a break down of what's available in formats other then RSS:
    • Merchant emails - (Available via email as well by opting in to merchant emails)
    • Modified Ads - (RSS Only right now, but we could add a report if Affiliates express interest)
    • Transaction - (Available via the web interface reporting and email subscriptions accessible from the reports page)
    • Association changes - (RSS Only right now, but we could add a report if Affiliates express interest)
    • Network emails - (Available via email as well by opting in to network emails)
    • New merchants - (All new merchants are announced via our blog, ABW, and through network emails to the opt-in email list)
    • AvantLink announcements - (Also available via our blog and home page)
    • AvantShare blog entries - (Also available via our blog website)

As for the Firefox plugin... From our blog:
    The Firefox browser plugin displays your current days performance summary stats and has a pop-up menu that allows you to run several reports directly without the need to login to your account.

If anyone would like additional details or some screen shots, we can provide those.

AvantLink Notification Center

* Report email Subscriptions

I subscribed to the email subscriptions report the other day, and so far I like it.

I wish other networks had something like that available directly by email too, and not just available by rss only.

We all get a lot of junk email every day that we don't need or care to read, but I don't mind getting a daily stats email from every place on where I am making money now, or will do in the future.

AvantLink just added a new report to their arsenal. It's a product performance report which tells you conversions rates for each of the products in your datafeed. It's been very useful to us already so our affiliates can see what it converting and promote accordingly.

nice job AVL!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread