Pagination not working with PHP
    Title says it all really. I switched over from Javascript just now and now I see my pagination isn't working at all. The products display just fine though...

I use Joomla for my store and the pagination worked fine with JavaScript.

Lazer11, I have a Joomla site also and I'm using the PHP code with no problems. How have you entered the code?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

hi there

I am using the KL PHP mambot with {kl_php} {/kl_php} tags replacing <PHP and <?

I always had problems when adding PHP code directly into content items. I create a separate PHP file and save it on my server (merchant.php) and then use Jumi (you can find it on the Joomla extensions forum) to call the file:

{jumi[../datafeeds/popshops/merchant.php]}.

Works great. I also use Jumi to call static HTML pages as opposed to using the wrapper. Give it a try, they have a module and a plugin and like most Joomla extensions, it's free.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Thanks rematt, I'll take a look at that

Yup, it looks like the kind of thing I need.

I am finding the deployment confusing...do I need to create a .php file for every sub category, "shop" etc?...I have about 100.

I am not a coder

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer11
    I am finding the deployment confusing...do I need to create a .php file for every sub category, "shop" etc?...I have about 100.
    Yeah, you need to create a separate file per shop, but it's not difficult. All you need to do is open notepad, paste the PHP code into it and save it as your shop name with a .php extension (shop_name.php). Then upload the files to your directory of choice and use Jumi to call the file.

-rematt

WOW! That's next weekend taken care of then

Hey, how do you use the search on Joomla - for me it doesn't pick up the keywords from pages!?

Great. Have fun. It really won't take you as long as you think. I converted a couple of dozen feeds from javascript to PHP and it took me less than an hour.

BTW, it sounds like for what you're trying to do, you only need the Plugin (mambot). Install it like any other plugin and don't forget to publish it. Make sure you read their documentation. Even though Jumi is pretty straight forward, you'll find some other really cool uses for it.

Yeah, Joomla's search function only searches within your content items and not your meta tags. Look around on the Joomla extensions forum and you may find a good alternative. It's one of the sites I check daily for new tools.

-rematt

You have been a great help rematt.

I always appreciate help (I own and run a BIG PC help site - 5.5 million hits pm) and this whole "store" thing is an exciting new venture for me!!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread