Where to sell a deals and coupon site
    Im looking to sell my site it earns daily but im looking for places to be able to post for sale any ideas?

Try:

http://www.sitepoint.com/marketplace/

I know a lot of successful entrepreneurs check here daily for new sites to buy.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Yea just added it there seems the best place to sell sites compared to elsewhere and its only $20

As i am new to all this selling have i out priced myself on this?

Any help appreciated due to needing to sell fast but no having great knowledge on this end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by KPR
    As i am new to all this selling have i out priced myself on this?

Any help appreciated due to needing to sell fast but no having great knowledge on this end of it.
    One thing that concerns me is you say you won't sell the forum when it's part of the site and uses the same domain. Makes no sense.

Might also want to mention how much traffic comes from SEO vs return visits.

- Scott

The vb is only a leased license and runs out on Feb 26th '08 it can go with site as i was only going to use on another project but not thinking it was stupid not to include it.

As for
    how much traffic comes from SEO vs return visits
    How do i get that info exactly as i know a lot is seo due to nature of how it is indexing well in google but not got lots of link backs. As you see in sitepoint thread its down to the searches users are making that is finding the site. Return visits can you enlighten me how to get that info as sorry but noob here alert.

Quote Originally Posted by KPR
    The vb is only a leased license and runs out on Feb 26th '08 it can go with site as i was only going to use on another project but not thinking it was stupid not to include it.

As for

How do i get that info exactly as i know a lot is seo due to nature of how it is indexing well in google but not got lots of link backs. As you see in sitepoint thread its down to the searches users are making that is finding the site. Return visits can you enlighten me how to get that info as sorry but noob here alert.
    You might want to indicate the license issue on the forum and include it since it'll only hurt you to exclude it.

Google Analytics offers great details about direct visits vs SEO visits.

- Scott

I have added forum to sale on sitepoint i will look into google analytics now.

thanks for the help it is appreciated.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Check sedo.com too.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Sedo may be worthwhile if the site has any amount of long-term potential

First off

I would be skeptical of this type of site because the whole.. Christmas is coming i need to sell this and its earning $300 a month

Sounds as though you dont see any future in this site

Coupon sites people dont enter into them half heartdly.. I would questions your reasons for selling it..

Also you say it has a page rank of 2.. I just checked it has 0 It actually looks like its been PENALIZED by google.. the way you can check is if you go to a search engine and type

"dell.com" with the brackets that site will always come up #1

do it with yours

"yourwebsite.com" yours doesnt.. some site called linkreferral comes up instead.

Another test is to do

link:yourwebsite.com in google... which i did and yours doesnt come up at all..

Yet you do come up in a cache

cache:yourwebsite.com

So its possible that your not penalized by the website has been placed under a penalty by google.

Either way i personally would not be interested .. though at first it did peek my interest when i initially saw the saw and its clean layout.

FRom the whois it looks like its associated with Pricecomparison is that your other coupon site? Is that why your willing to let this one go?

Can you provide solid proof of earnings for the entire time its been online and can you prove that those earnings came from that website? as people will want to see that.

It says in the whois you created it on 1998.. how come its only been online a few months?

I looked a wayback machine and i can see screenshots of this site back in 2005 its not been going for only a few months.. I cant help but thinking its taken a nose dive in the engines and thus.. its time to bail out? would i be close ?

Does this look like a penalized site to you http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cra...s=LD4&filter=0 and that is doing just crazedeals.com in search box over 7000 in g.

also yea people will be sceptical of course i would.

PR0 PR2 depends on datacentre.

Why i am selling is nothing to do with site potential as if it doesnt sell it is being kept. My other half is now raging i am selling it so it has been a fun couple of days with here lol.

FRom the whois it looks like its associated with Pricecomparison is that your other coupon site? Is that why your willing to let this one go?

Nope nothing at alll to do withe me.

Can you provide solid proof of earnings for the entire time its been online and can you prove that those earnings came from that website? as people will want to see that.
    There posted where it is for sale.

It says in the whois you created it on 1998.. how come its only been online a few months?
    Are you looking up the right site i just checked and thiswas mr who first registered it. I do usually buy dropped domains.

I looked a wayback machine and i can see screenshots of this site back in 2005 its not been going for only a few months.. I cant help but thinking its taken a nose dive in the engines and thus.. its time to bail out? would i be close ?
    Check above

Any other questions?

Now a feel like keeping it to prove i can keep it bringing in income.
    Last edited by KPR; December 14th, 2007 at 02:03 AM.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread