Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Advance Notice of Promotions
    Now that the holiday shopping season is well underway I thought I would throw out a suggestion for merchants that really want to help affiliates.

I would strongly suggest that merchants post their promotions including coupons for extended periods in one notification. I saw a couple of merchants that gave us all of their December deals in late November although many did not become active until late in the month. I even recall one merchant that provides their quarterly promotions early in the month preceeding that quarter.

By providing this information well in advance it gives affiliates plenty time to get all their deals into their database.

It gets kind of tiring to get daily emails from some merchants showing their deals for the next day. I love fresh deals but would love as much advance notice as possible.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by visitourmall
    It gets kind of tiring to get daily emails from some merchants showing their deals for the next day. I love fresh deals but would love as much advance notice as possible.

I get lots of these. It is like someone is expecting me to be waiting for them to send me a fresh batch of "posties"................90% of these quickies expire before I can get to them.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, love advance notice, as much as possible. But I also like follow up emails for when one of those "advanced promotions" is about to go live. Follow up reminder.

It almost seems like a lot of merchants think that they are the only merchant that you promote. If "the" merchant you're promoting sends a last minute coupon then it's probably no big deal. If thirty merchants all send you a last minute coupon or deal, that's a problem.

I often will build pages of select products if a merchants promotion is good enough. That becomes difficult when you got today's promotion last night. And if it's a one day promotion and I get less then 24 hours notice, I probably won't pay any attention to it if it's less than 25% off.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

ABW Ambassador
    "If thirty merchants all send you a last minute coupon or deal, that's a problem."

It's not their problem tho. They're just doing what they're supposed to be doing. They're supposed to notify their affiliates of promotions. Some affiliates only have a few merchants, I have a lot, so I get a lot more. But again, they're supposed to be sending out that info.

And again, plenty of notice is always preferred.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread