I've been told that a good affiliate site should offer a newsletter. i, personally, don't see a point of it. if someone's looking to purchase something over the net, he/she would go to search engines and type the thing he/she's looking for. why would someone is waiting to get discounted items to pop out of their email ? well, unless he/she is an acute online shopper addict, i guess.

could someone enlighten me on this ?

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    If you have a newsletter, you are collecting data (names, email addresses) of online shoppers who OPT IN for recieving deal alearts etc.. from you, which means they want what you are offering to them and will be sending.

It works just like SEO, when they search for "product" and find "product" on your site, chances are that they will buy the "product".

Same way, when they are looking for deals in their mailbox, they opt-in to recieve deals from you, and you send deals to them, chances are that they will make use of those deals - as simple as that

---
    "The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood."~ The Tathagata

ABW Ambassador
    Shoppers don't always know what they are looking for or that a great special is available.

I find our newsletters do okay during the year, but really do great around holidays where people need to buy gifts.

Chet

The data you're collecting, like AffiliateBuddha said, from your newsletters also allows you to target a more specific audience when you do give them an offer via a newsletter. Don't expect everyone to be receiving the same newsletter that you are! The information and ads can vary based on the demographics you've collected about segments of your receiving audience.

thanks a bunch guys, the input given to me was something i'd never thought.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread