Macy's -- creating links
    In linkshare, macy's used to have a link that allowed me to create links to any item I wanted to link to. I don't see that option anymore. Their "find individual product" isn't bringing up the "individual product" I'm wanting. Anyone know a simple way to create a custom linkshare link?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    There was a thread last month about Macy's eliminating that option and now only allowing product links for the products they desiginate.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Outsourced Program Manager

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    There was a thread last month about Macy's eliminating that option and now only allowing product links for the products they desiginate.
    Yeah.. weird thing is, I saw another affiliate using custom linkshare links. The product in question isn't listed at all on linkshare's "individual products" thing for Macy's. This merchant doesn't mask or cloak their links, and it's most definitely something done at linkshare. That's why I figured I'd ask... if one is able to do it, I figured someone here might know how others can do it.

If you use Macy's pre-defined text links from LS, be sure to test them to make sure the landing page is what you expect (always a good idea anyway).

About a month ago I was setting up a bunch of Macy's links using the text links from Linkshare, and discovered that the text in the link did not always match the landing page. For example, there's a "Nine West" link, but its landing page is the generic "Shoes" page. The customer then would need to drill down on their own to find Nine West product. But I'm not goingto give one of my customers a Nine West (or whatever) link unless it takes them directly to that product line.

Not all Macy's text links have this problem. Some of their brand name product links actually DO go to landing pages specific to the named product, and some don't - just be sure to test your links!

I used to use the custom link functuion before most merchants dropped it and the links often defaulted to the merchant's home page.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread