I need some advice on my niche
    I started affiliate marketing about a year ago...was successful (a little) with clickbank and then all of a sudden I just stopped making money...So I bought a website and some coaching and started a non-affiliate store...just my own products that I had dropshipped. I got really frustrated with the whole thing and hated my niche to begin with. So, unfortunately, I gave up. Now I'm back, I have a blank website with hosting and am looking to design an affiliate marketing website.

Is there anybody that can give me a little direction on my niche and how I should go about designing the website. My idea so far is to focus on work at home opportunities (i.e. Paid survey programs, ebay, business opps)

Is this a good niche or should I try something else?

I appreciate all of you who are here to help and I'm looking forward to your answers.

That niche is really crowded with scams. You might try a site that reviews that various work at home opportunities and tells which ones are scams and which ones aren't. Allow people to vote and leave comments, and show lists of the top 10 scams and top 10 legitimate offers. It could become a good "authority" site if you do it well enough.

I checked some domains that came to mind for that concept (ScamOrNot.com and IsItAScam.com) but both were taken (but without active sites).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I really wish that a few years ago I could have found a site that told you whick work at home business were real and the ones that were scam. It would have saved me a lot of money and grief. I think Michael has a good suggestion. Remember, whatever you decide to do, do it with conviction and for the betterment of all who trust in your site and you will do well.

Smile for a While,
    Marsha

I am just building my first affiliate marketing site. This thread might help a bit. They gave me some great advice.

Thread

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    Choosing a successful niche
    I think the key to finding a successful niche is doing analysis upfront. The last thing you want to do is spent months on your website only to realize there's not much meat on the bone. That happened to me with the golf niche.

You want to know the demand for the main keywords for that niche and also the competition from other affiliates for that niche. If you plan to make money you may want to also analyze the monetization potential for that niche as well... do the merchants pay well or not? It boils down to knowing the DEMAND for the keyword, the current SUPPLY and the profit potential.

I guess this is all pretty much common sense. The hard part is finding the best tools to help you. They're out there but sometimes hard to find. Wordtracker is probably the standard and of course the Google Keyword Tool is great. PPC bidding prices are a good way to tell a niche's potential. And there's other tools you can pay for.

Here's a free tool that pulls a lot of that analysis stuff into one place. It's called Search It!.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick - SiteSell

Here's a free tool that pulls a lot of that analysis stuff into one place. It's called Search It!.
    "Sorry, you must be an SBI! owner to use this search. The Order Number that you entered into Step 4 does not correspond to an active SBI! account."

The only "tool" that isn't otherwise available online apparently doesn't work unless you are a member of SBI.

-sfcom

Sorry sfcom which search were you trying to do?

Ya you can get most of these tools in other places. But isn't it nice to have them all in one place.

step 1) competition
    step 2) SiteSell multiple keyword REAL SUPPLY

-sfcom

Yes sfcom that search uses SiteSell's spider research and is only available to owners. But all the others in that category should work.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread