Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dropped my iphone in the toilet
    I feel like such a dweeb

Going to apple store later tonight to try to save the info on the beast.

I miss it already!

** edited to add that it was at my home and before any activities, so it was not that "yucky" recovering it. Thank God for Purell!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Horrors..... You know, the sleek styling is really cool, but... It is hard to keep a grip on them. I'm always dropping mine as well.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    I feel like such a dweeb

I miss it already!

** edited to add that it was at my home and before any activities, so it was not that "yucky" recovering it. Thank God for Purell!
    Thank you for the edit. That clears up a few of the questions I had, though not ALL. Don't worry, I won't ask. Anyway, that really, really sucks. I hope you're able to recover your data. Any chance it'll still work when it dries out? I know it's a long shot, but I hope it does...
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

hmmm ... thought this was going to be some kind of iphone rage story.

this is WAAAAAAAAAAY better!!!!

jk H!

kinda

and yes ... sucks about the data. hope you get it all back.

Oh and could you post your warranty call transcript?
    that's bound to be amusing.

Geez, I am sorry H.
    Just can't stop myself.

edited again to add:

I really hope he's at the ... yeah it sucks but I can laugh at it stage and not the ... gonna kill the first person to make a smartass comment stage.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!

For further clarification, I had just came back from the gym this AM when I was going to use the facilities (#1 ) and the holster with the iphone went flying off my sweatpants as I was lowering them (no zipper). I usually take it off when I return but not this time. Darn it!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes and yeah it is funny but WAAAAAAH my poor F'in iphone.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

I'm glad you explained further.

I know it's hard to cut the lines of communications, even for brief periods. But the bathroom is where I draw the line. I don't want to talk to anyone on the phone when I'm in the bathroom and I really don't want to talk to someone when they're in the bathroom .

I'm amazed at how many conversations I hear behind the doors in public restrooms.
    Last edited by rematt; December 11th, 2007 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Haiko beat me to the punch with further explanation
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

For further clarification, I had just came back from the gym this AM when I was going to use the facilities (#1 ) and the holster with the iphone went flying off my sweatpants as I was lowering them (no zipper). I usually take it off when I return but not this time. Darn it!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes and yeah it is funny but WAAAAAAH my poor F'in iphone.
    Oh man.. I'm sorry, Haiko, but that description has me . I have tears in my eyes trying to hold back the laughter. I was doing so well, being sympathetic, realizing this was more tragedy than comedy... UNTIL you posted that and then I just started ROFL. I really truly am sorry for your plight, but that was the best laugh I had in a long time. Although I've never put my phone in the toilet, I've done plenty on par with that, so I know what you're going through!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

I had my cell phone on me when I tipped my canoe (don't ask why it was in my pocket I don't really know) I dried it out for a few days and it still works.....for now.....

Ouch, I shed a tear for ya
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    I'm amazed at how many conversations I hear behind the doors in public restrooms.
    Yeah, but how many times have you heard people talking in the next stall thinking they were on a phone only to find out that they WEREN'T and they were just talking to themselves? I have experienced that and it's unsettling! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    Yeah, but how many times have you heard people talking in the next stall thinking they were on a phone only to find out that they WEREN'T and they were just talking to themselves? I have experienced that and it's unsettling! LOL.
    OK, that's scarier.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I wasn't going to "talk" to anyone, I just had to pee really bad and the damn thing (iPhone) went flying
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Affiliate Manager
    I donate phones a few times a year to saltwater. So far I have a recovery rate of 2 out of about 12. Dry it out completely then turn it back on. Freshwater isn't nearly as corrosive as salt and the pricetag on the iPhone warrants a try.

Sorry to hear H. Can't beleive an iPhone hater hasn't come along and indicated that you put it where it belonged...

I've yet to get my hands on one, so i can't say either way....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador AffiliateSummitMissy's Avatar
    Hey H,

Have you tried the "Rice Treatment" yet? Chase tried to flush my Blackberry last year and the Sprint tech suggested that I stick the phone in dry rice for two days. I thought it was nuts, but it worked. Not sure if it will work for the iphone, but it's worth a shot!
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com
    Co-Publisher of Revenews.com and Revenews.org
    Founder of AffiliateMarketersGiveBack.com Personal Blog: MissyWard.com

Dropped my iphone in the toilet

I feel like such a dweeb

Haiko,

This is the first time that you have disappoint me!

What kind of are you?

Even tho I that now would have to admit that during the 80's when I was an electronic technician, that I had to clean, fix and repair, all the beepers and cell phones that end up on my hands because that was my job, and even when I knew that many of those beepers and cell phones were in the shop because of supposedly of innocent water damage like rain or someting similar, I knew that many of those toys had water damage because of toilet related incidents.

But I never had, or never will, pick up and use anything that I know that it have fall in the toilet, not even if it's my own toilet.

I know where to draw a line, what ever I drop on any toilet, by accident, on purpose, or because of nature calls, that would be flushed, or discarded by any other means, but I would never use that again, not even if it was my wedding ring.

Are you planning to put that same dip on iPhone, close to your mouth again?

Thank God for Purell!
    No!

Thank God I don't use an iPhone yet!, so I don't have worry about flushing a $300.00 toy down the .

I wasn't going to "talk" to anyone, I just had to pee really bad and the damn thing (iPhone) went flying
    First, where do you keep your iPhone?

Second, you should know by now that, if you're taking the blue , it's a bad idea to have your iPhone, clipped to your belt buckle.

I donate phones a few times a year to saltwater
    Dave left a few phones on the bottom of Lake Michigan.

I was reading this thread and laughing my you-know-what off, and thinking that any thread that begins with "I dropped my iPhone in the toilet" and then has further posts that are "just for clarification" is bound to be entertaining.

I've also wondered many times since bluetooth came along if we would have even had mental institutions if the cellphone and wireless mic had been invented long, long ago. Now when someone walks by talking to themself, we assume they're on the phone.

So, are you going to hand his to some poor unknowing tech support person, let them handle it, look at it, open it, try and fix it, then tell them you dropped it in a toilet?

Make sure you give them the 'clarification' first.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    But I never had, or never will, pick up and use anything that I know that it have fall in the toilet, not even if it's my own toilet.

I know where to draw a line, what ever I drop on any toilet, by accident, on purpose, or because of nature calls, that would be flushed, or discarded by any other means, but I would never use that again, not even if it was my wedding ring.

Are you planning to put that same dip on iPhone, close to your mouth again?

No!
    Recommendation - leave the iPhone in the toilet and move.

Let the next occupant worry about it.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I volunteer to beta test the new " i.p." phone. Call me crazy, but I probably won't see this technology for at least 3 years down the road. My wife always gets the freebie or 1 cent phones with our renewals and this would be truly "the bomb".

-sfcom

Haiko it may save you money to do what I do. I use my spare laptop and use skyye when I make calls from the bathroom.

NOT - but I bet a lot of people have thought about this as they were reading it saying they should do that lol. Where do you hang the headphones hmm maybe nah This whole post has gone in the toilet

Haiko sorry for your loss,
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I just bought a new one, probably will make a hammer meets iphone video I knew they wouldn't fix it cause water damage isn't covered by any warranty.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Nope. That's one thing I know from my 7 years in that industry. Water damage = good luck. There's even stickers in the phone that change colors forever when they get wet.

I know insurance at 3.95 a month sounds wasteful to most, but in some cases, it can pay off.

Don't you just hate it when insurance comes into play?

Looking forward to the vid....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Someone else already posted a video of how to retrieve that wet thing from there:

Dropped Phone in the Toilet

And btw, it will not flush down:

Phone vs Toilet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast