Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Good news here, he says he's eager to learn.

s*ingerzone.com/members/REG/MN/MN-3235.txt
    So let me get this straight- in a thread criticizing unethical behavior you post some very personal details about a poster in an attempt to silence their opinion?

Sounds completely ethical to me!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Silence him? I welcome his return. In fact, I'm begging him for it. It's best to dispel idiotic ideas before they spread.

And...

Great first post hotdogs, welcome to ABW. Ever been here before?

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Hotdogs, I see this is your first post. What brought you here today?
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

The personal information was readilly available on the web via a google search of the end user's selected username.

Ethical YES, ill advised username selection by the poster? HECK YEA!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Hotdogs, were you trying to respond to edjolanski? We don't do that shoot here. Sorry.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Continued Success,

Haiko

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    too funny, I need a good laugh by this time of day
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Silence him? I welcome his return. In fact, I'm begging him for it. It's best to dispel idiotic ideas before they spread.
    So what exactly was your intention for posting that information?

From where I'm sitting it looks like a pretty obvious attempt to bully someone into submission who would dare hold an opinion that differs from your own glorious thoughts on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogs
    So let me get this straight- in a thread criticizing unethical behavior you post some very personal details about a poster in an attempt to silence their opinion?

Sounds completely ethical to me!
    Human nature Bubba. Your buddy Ed came here and without introduction defended the unethical behavior and business model of a site that was obviously operating beyond the rules. Well, to some of us that seems oddly like a plant. How did your buddy Ed find this thread? Why did he decide to go through the trouble of creating a login, creating a message that erroneously defends the indefensible and at the same time trashed our profession.

There was absolutely nothing "ethical" about Ed's post. Ed is either the most uninformed individual to post on a forum or one of the biggest liars. You choose. Either way his comments were way off base and his attacks on our profession were unwarranted.

So Hotdog, why are you here? Are you an affiliate marketer, friend of Ed, innocent bystander? What brings you to ABW and what led you to making your first post the defense of another stranger. Might you be Super Hotdog here to defend the innocent? I somehow doubt it.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Human nature Bubba. Your buddy Ed came here and without introduction defended the unethical behavior and business model of a site that was obviously operating beyond the rules. Well, to some of us that seems oddly like a plant. How did your buddy Ed find this thread? Why did he decide to go through the trouble of creating a login, creating a message that erroneously defends the indefensible and at the same time trashed our profession.

There was absolutely nothing "ethical" about Ed's post. Ed is either the most uninformed individual to post on a forum or one of the biggest liars. You choose. Either way his comments were way off base and his attacks on our profession were unwarranted.

So Hotdog, why are you here? Are you an affiliate marketer, friend of Ed, innocent bystander? What brings you to ABW and what led you to making your first post the defense of another stranger. Might you be Super Hotdog here to defend the innocent? I somehow doubt it.

-rematt
    Ed has a right to express an opinion.

How could you possibly claim to be a "professional" and then endorse behavior like Donuts?

I'd expect this from a forum inhabited by 16 year olds but not from grown adults claiming to represent a serious industry.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogs
    Ed has a right to express an opinion..
    And so do we. So what's wrong with that. Personally I trust the opinions of the veterans here than someone that represents themselves as a "regular consumer" on an affiliate forum.

How could you possibly claim to be a "professional" and then endorse behavior like Donuts?
    We like Donuts.

I'd expect this from a forum inhabited by 16 year olds but not from grown adults claiming to represent a serious industry.
    And I'm so glad that we met your expectations. Hey dude, we like to have fun too and when someone so blatantly misrepresents themselves they're fair game.

So again, why exactly are you here?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

A hotdog.

Naaaw - Sounds like a colddog to me.

If you don't like it here - leave and go to another forum that you do like.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

OK Weiner Boy get off the stick (oh wait, I think that would make you a corndog) you're going to have to get to the point soon. Are you here just to waste our time? I've got things to do, sites to scrape, coupons to steal. If you're not here to contribute something more than you already have, than you're not much good to us without mustard and relish (and maybe a little celery salt, damn I'm getting hungry).

We surely do love a good Hotdog here in Chicago.

And Haiko, you are pure genius. An interactive Daily Chuckle. Can we have a hotdog to roast everyday? Huh? Can we?

-rematt

Maybe this could turn into another - cancel - thread.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Maybe this could turn into another - cancel - thread.
    Oh God no. Ugh.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Looks like Hotdog has an IP that is in the same country as the reported unethical affiliate RMN. Coincidence? I think not!
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; December 12th, 2007 at 12:31 AM. Reason: To retain privacy issues.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hotdogs
    Ed has a right to express an opinion..

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    And so do we. So what's wrong with that. Personally I trust the opinions of the veterans here than someone that represents themselves as a "regular consumer" on an affiliate forum.

Hotdogs, before you can defend a person's opinion, you must first know the difference between an opinion and hate speech. Many a racist have spewed garbage in public, claiming it to be an opinion, but it is nothing of the sort. You say ed has a right to his 'opinion', but with every right comes a resposibility. Also, every right has a counter-right. Freedom of speech is a right, but the people that are listening, have the right not to have to hear it. If ed had come in and just stated that he thought the forum was wrong in their opinion of RMN, and left it at that, then maybe it would have been percieved as an opinion. But what he did was attack the people of this forum and all of us affiliate marketers by saying that affiliate marketing was a scam and that people like us get money for doing nothing. (if he calls hand-coding 70+ pages doing nothing, I wonder what he thinks doing something actually is) I find it interesting that he wants to be given the best deal, but is unwilling to let anyone get compensated for finding it for him or providing him with it. So he doesn't want anyone to make money off of his sale, gee then we'll have to fire all the employees at the store, turn off all the utilities, remove all the shelves, because as far as I can see, all those people are making money off of his sales. Do all those people cause the prices to be raised? Not as far as I know. Excuse me, I tend to ramble every now and then. Getting back to my point, opinions are not hateful, and hate speech is not an opinion. This is an opinion; I feel that the president is not doing enough to end the fighting in Iraq and get our troops back home. This is hate speech; The president is a moron for even sending our troops to Iraq. Please forgive me Mr. President, this is only an example and in no way does it reflect my opinion of the current administration. So next time you defend someones opinion, hotdogs, make sure that it is an opinion.

Note to Trust; 3 posts in one day, amazing isn't it. But don't expect this amazing number of post every day. lol

247 posts to go......hmmmm 247 posts or y3k, which will come first?

I should point out that when I posted this, the banner at the bottom of the page was an ad for Jake's Dog House. Seems funny to me.
    Last edited by animatic1; December 12th, 2007 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Needed to add something

I'm not defending the guy, but it wasn't hate speech. Nor is the example you gave hate speech. There's a giant difference between calling the president a moron and standing up on a bench in a park screaming that all the "N-word"s need to be strung up. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Saying that this guy came into the forums spewing hate speech waters down the meaning and severity of true hate speech. He's an uneducated fool, nothing more, nothing less.

You are correct, I should have said insult instead of hate speech, but my brain was asleep and my fingers did the thinking. Actually my point still works even for insult, an opinion is not insulting and insults are not opinions, in my own opinion, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by animatic1
    You are correct, I should have said insult instead of hate speech, but my brain was asleep and my fingers did the thinking. Actually my point still works even for insult, an opinion is not insulting and insults are not opinions, in my own opinion, that is.
    Animatic1, HecticDMC was correct in his assessment. But I do appreciate your support.

Frankly I found Hotdogs and Edlolanski somewhat annoying but probably more amusing than anything else. I still feel that both were shills sent here to defend a practice that not only breaks merchant rules and the rules of fair play but also directly harms the affiliates that are granted exclusivity as a reward for their hard work and performance. The fact that Edjolanski made attacks on an industry that he obviously benefits from and that Hotdogs made such a poor argument in his defense was in my opinion a pretty pitiful attempt by RMN to justify their shady behavior.

I, and I'm sure many others here would welcome an opportunity to discuss the ethics of RMN's tactics with a Representative of RMN without insults, name calling or mis-representations. I just don't think that it will happen.

-rematt

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    So Hotdog, the question remains, what brought you here?
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Quote Originally Posted by visitourmall
    So Hotdog, the question remains, what brought you here?
    The "official classification" of RMN as an unethical affiliate, frankly, the fallout at the networks has been quite impressive, to say the least . Like I said the classification will not be just another title, the forum's purpose is clear and just.

The status quo is no more.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'd like to think they got an edjo-cation -- but probably not. <elg>

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    I'd like to think they got an edjo-cation -- but probably not.
    That's funny!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast