Question CJ Terms question
    Ok would CJ suspend your account if you were posting merchant links in places like - Forums

Lets say you joined a weight loss forum and posted your Weight/health link in there and said try this diet?

Would this get your accout suspended, I cant see anything in CJ's terms?

Please answer the question asked and not any other comments regarding this.

ABW Ambassador
    You can post links on your own forum but you're not supposed to join forums you don't own just to drop links, unless you get permission from the third party -

"The Use of Non-Publisher Owned Web Properties/Sites/Pages to Promote Advertisers. Other than paid search, publishers may only promote advertisers on Web pages/sites/properties that they, themselves, own or operate. Publishers may not place affiliate links/tracking code, nor promote Web sites that contain affiliate links/tracking code, in or on third party forums, message boards, blog comment areas, classified advertisement services (such as CraigsList.org), etc., unless given permission from the third-party to do so."

http://www.cj.com/code_of_conduct.html

Arrow
    Ok and if someone reported me for doing this would it result in my account being suspended?

ABW Ambassador
    There's that possibility. There are threads here with affiliates getting their accounts suspended for one reason or another.

Wow, Trust -- helpful quote. I've never done anything besides PPC, but I would have never guessed you couldn't place on ad on Craigslist. For example, I could see someone placing a Craigslist announcement re. a site that compares auto insurance companies and rates without realizing it is a violation of T&C.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Would adding your site url to the source section on Yahoo Answers thus be a violation?

See http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...=Yahoo+Answers
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Would adding your site url to the source section on Yahoo Answers thus be a violation?

See http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...=Yahoo+Answers
    So it would seem based on the quote from CJ.

ABW Ambassador
    The Yahoo Answers, I don't really see a problem with that if you're answering a question with a link to your site. I wouldn't drop affiliate links in there, I wouldn't spam the place up with links to your site. Maybe this part:

"unless given permission from the third-party to do so."

kind of addresses that. Yahoo Answers does have a section to add a source, a site. And they don't seem to have a problem with it in most cases. Think they go into it some in their own terms.

Enter your answer in the Your Answer field and include the URLs of any sources you want to reference in the Source(s) field.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/ans...wer-55787.html

Quote Originally Posted by OTProf
    So it would seem based on the quote from CJ.
    I don't think yahoo has any problem with that though, but I have some forums, and I'm gonna start complaining to CJ from now on when I get that spam stuff.

One of my forum members has been answering a ton of questions over there and is very good. I have no idea who it is, but they reference specific topics on my forum. I posted a plea to find out who it is, but no one has come forward. I would like to give them a .

I get about 50 visitors a day from there with average page views per visitor around 11 last time I checked about 2 weeks ago.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Yahoo Answers does have a section to add a source, a site. And they don't seem to have a problem with it in most cases. Think they go into it some in their own terms.
    -from Yahoo Community Guidelines:
    "If you have years of experience in something, have a special hobby, own your own business, or if you are a knowledge partner, it's OK to accompany a good, on-topic answer with a link to your website, blog, or email to offer more information. However, it is not OK to post links that are unrelated to the topic or are clearly meant only to solicit others for personal and financial gain."
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, was just reading thru it. So it's fine.

Yep, every single link to my forum is to a topic dead on related to the question.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread