Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Mitchell Report Comes Out Today (Baseball/steroids etc.)
    Releases at 2PM today. Seems some names have leaked already -

Clemens, Pettitte named in Mitchell report

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071213/...itchell_report

Don't watch baseball really but just wondering what the other baseball fans think about it? Big deal this report? not a big deal, shouldn't be a surprise a lot of athletes use performance enhancing drugs? Don't care?

Clemens, I wasn't really suprised about. Considering his age and how he bulked up, kind of like Bonds.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Really Big Deal.

Current stars will be tainted forever, just like Sosa, McGuire, Palmeiro from the Congressional hearings of a couple of years ago.

Could mean not just loss of income, but questions re Hall of Fame, and fan reaction could include major problems, from abuse to lowered attendence.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

"And when everyone's super, no one will be." - from the movie "The Incredibles".

Athletic achievements attained without the use of performance enhancing drugs will always be superior, in my mind and I'm sure in other fans' minds as well, than those achieved with "help". I'll still watch sports, but I'm just not as diehard a fan as I used to be. I pretty much gave up watching baseball after the home run records were broken and the Congressional hearings a few years ago.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

I wasn't surprised that Clemens was named, that guy is bulky. Does this mean all his accomplishments are going to have a big asterisk on it as well?

Pettitte? I honestly would've never guessed.

I guess when Pettitte started following Clemens around, he picked up his roids habit too.

ABW Ambassador
    Here's a link to the whole report, found on espn.com

it's 409 pdf pages

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/pdf/...ell_report.pdf

I'm not reading all that, just skimming thru it. And it's live now on espn.

Were Sosa and McGwire listed too? I felt so let down after the home run race and the allegations of drug use.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

ABW Ambassador
    I see Sosa listed once, McGwire around 46 times. Just did a search on their name in that 409 page pdf.

Clemens - 82 instances
    Bonds - 103 instances
    McGwire - 46 instances
    Sosa - 1 instance

instances = number of times their names show up when you search the report

Thanks for the link to the report. I'll have to check that out tonight.

Dear Trust:

What are these performance enhancing drugs Mitchell speaks of?

Regards,

The Pittsburgh Pirates

ABW Ambassador
    The report is about MLB baseball. I've never heard of that team, it's that some minor league team?

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    There should be an opportunity to create an Almost Hall of Fame. I bet HallofSemiFame.com is available, lol. Hall of fame for those who took steroids. After all, the steroid users that outplayed OTHER steroid users should have a place, somewhere, to be remembered, hehe.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Millionaire drug addicts in the hall of fame.com
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Millionaire drug addicts in the hall of fame.com
    The shame of it is that they are also acting as...

www. DrugAddictRoleModelsforAmericasYouth .com

I hope the investigation impetus does not stop with baseball.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Players in the Report
    Here is a list of all of the playerrs named with a synopisis of their careers and evdience against them.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    There should be an opportunity to create an Almost Hall of Fame. I bet HallofSemiFame.com is available, lol. Hall of fame for those who took steroids. After all, the steroid users that outplayed OTHER steroid users should have a place, somewhere, to be remembered, hehe.
    I love it!

I just posted about all this on one of the blogs in my sig file. You can go there and read what I said if you wish. But I'll summarize my opinion -- and my cynicism on pro sports (not counting pro golf, which really isn't that much of a sport, is it?):

1. We are hypocritical in rewarding people with buckets full of money to be the very best at playing a game, then chastising them when they take steps to do so.

2. If you think there is any era of sports when the pros didn't take or do SOMETHING to try for a edge over their opponents -- you don't live in my world.
    Generate more fake news.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    1. We are hypocritical in rewarding people with buckets full of money to be the very best at playing a game, then chastising them when they take steps to do so.
    That makes no sense. We reward CEOs to make their companies profitable. If they cut illegal backroom deals to do so does that mean that my disapproval makes me a hypocrite?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    That makes no sense. We reward CEOs to make their companies profitable. If they cut illegal backroom deals to do so does that mean that my disapproval makes me a hypocrite?
    Depends on who this "we" is.

WE the consumers, in which case it isn't hypocritical, because we're also NOT purposefully rewarding the CEO (he just happens to benefit when we buy stuff)...

or "WE" the shareholders and corporate board members, who constantly demand greater and greater profits OR ELSE, and are too often quite content to ignore (or "not-see" as I call it) everything the AG hasn't managed to notice yet. For them, heck yeah, it's very hypocritical for them to rabidly turn on the guy they "loved" the second some regulator puts on a pair of glasses.

If anything's wrong with Writerguy's statement, it's the idea that the sports players are being rewarded, directly, by US (the spectators). They're working for their team owners--that's who signs the checks, regardless of where the money in the team account came from. Fan opinion doesn't mean much if the team's owners or managers are saying, "you'd better hit X runs, or else you're going back to the minors."
    Last edited by Leader; December 14th, 2007 at 07:56 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    Clemens is crazy, he's not going about this the right way. So he's going to be on 60 Minutes and say it was B-12, lidocaine injected into him.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Clemens is crazy, he's not going about this the right way. So he's going to be on 60 Minutes and say it was B-12, lidocaine injected into him.
    What a coward he is. I hope he is exposed as the fraud he is. Well I guess he was already exposed, so I hope it is proven without a shadow of a doubt that he was a cheater.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

ABW Ambassador
    Going to get even dirtier -

Brian McNamee bitter over taping of call, lawyer says 'this is war'

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...of_call-4.html

Then we also have another hearing next Wednesday on the 16th.

Witnesses will include:

• Mr. Brian McNamee
    • Mr. Kirk Radomski
    • Mr. Andy Pettitte
    • Mr. Chuck Knoblauch
    • Mr. Roger Clemens

Clemens - GUILTY
    I was one of the long time hold outs crossing my fingers and WISHING that I could still believe the Rocket was innocent.
    And then.......wow.......I got sucked into watching the entire hearing and my opinion has changed.

Clemens is GUILTY - HANDS DOWN - NO DOUBT IN MY MIND

Living in Houston.....this is HUGE news. His son went to our local high school. We are freinds of freinds of his.....his house is just a few miles down the street.

Our community weeps.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IOWNIE

Clemens is GUILTY - HANDS DOWN - NO DOUBT IN MY MIND
    Roger clemens was my Childhood Idle. He was this way for everyone in my age group growing up in Boston. You wanted to be Roger Clemens when you grew up. It is a very sad day when the person you strive to be, cheated to get there. What a terrible message this sends to todays youth. These guys acted out of greed and disrespect for themselves and the game of baseball.

I think the clincher for Clemens guilt was Andy Pettite's testimony and the way Roger handled those allegations. He used words like unremembered and misheard, when arguing his case. It was so obvious during this part of the hearing that he was flat out lying. Then you see his scum bag lawyers whispering what to say in his ear. The whole ordeal left a terrible taste in my mouth. Roger was better off coming clean and moving on like a lot of these other guys have. His life would be a lot better of if he had.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I just hope that the outcome of all this furor over performance-enhancing drug use among athletes is the realization among amateur and professional players that we fans don't want our heroes "super-sized." It just spoils it for everyone involved.

Well Stated Brent E.
    "Yes, I tried it a few times" would have had him FORGIVEN a long time ago and his TRUTHFULNESS and DOING THE RIGHT THING NO MATTER WHAT would have won over all his fans again. Now....he's just another Barry Bonds and Pete Rose and etc....and etc...and etc...

ABW Ambassador
    I think his thinking was there was no hard evidence so it was his word against the others. But they still have to test the stuff McNamee had kept for years so there could be some of that hard evidence.

Even without that, there is just so much and he's been tripping over himself. He's guilty as hell but looks like he's going to continue to go down lying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast