Unhappy view tags...I want them....
    It really bums me out when I get a sale that I know had to come from one of my affiliates but they don't get credit for it. I have a code that is only for affiliates, no one else has it. It is a new program, brand new, I haven't even announced it yet. We are still in the soft launch period, finishing up the data feeds, widgets and creative, working out integration of our clients custom "blank" builder for affiliates to place within their site (the blank will be filled in when I officially announce the site in the new programs section) .....It went live less than a week ago.....so only the 22 affiliates who have signed up for this merchant even know about the special 50% code. So I get a sale today at 1:28 using the promo code, but they didn't click on any ad, instead they must have typed the URL into the browser and used the code they saw on an affiliates ad. I have checked for any clicks that do not have sales associated with them, nothing....So I am going to call the customer to ask them what site they saw the ad on and hopefully I can track down the affiliate through that. I just wish we had the availability to use View tags in creative for affiliates, no sales lost......I know there are other complications to factor in with view tags, but there has to be something so the affiliate who has done the work can capture every sale.....even if the visitor types the url in without clicking....

OK I guess I am done with this rant....

(yes I like the use dots...)

I know that this would be a bit more work, but with only 22 affiliates currently, why not provide them each with an unique code?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I understand your point here but it is not something we can do because after we officially launch (Tuesday of next week, maybe Monday) that will be impossible to keep up with. I will offer private codes to certain affiliates after the official launch. The thing is, the only reason I know about this sale taking place today, my client forwarded me to sales receipts to say wow even before our official launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolet
    ...(yes I like the use dots...)
    Me, too. I probably overuse them. Three dots (periods) in a row is called an ellipsis. An ellipsis is used to show a pause or a break in your thoughts; or the extension of a thought that may be unending...if used at the end of a sentence...

A Mac keyboard has a keystroke ( OPT+: ) for it, but the normal character code is #8230 and the HTML is to insert it into code on a page. Sorry, just had to throw that into the mix. (Hmmm...I see the code actually inserted it into the sentence...the code is: & # 8230 - but take out the spacing between the & and # and 8.)

I am eager to see the launch of your new program...because...you seem to be a person who really wants to take care of affiliates. Bravo! Good luck with your launch.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Beachy - That was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE ellipsis'....I use them way too much...

Thank you for that response, I laughed out loud to the point of my son asking mom, what is so funny....of course he didn't get it...

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread