I Foresee Blood, Sweat, and Tears
    Yes, I think that when I finally reach a place when I actually sell something online and make a commission, I will be one happy woman. I have been reading this forum and trying to apply the tips and suggestions. I did learn that I was not "pre-selling" at all. So, I am reading about that and working on becoming good at it. I've got lots to learn, need more traffic too. I only have one site and one blog, so I am a newbie, but I am trying. I know the road will be long and the road will be rough at times, but I will stay on it and eventually, I will reach my destination. I will not give up! I keep telling myself that. I want to look back in a couple years and see how far I have come and feel good that I never quit. I appreciate all your tips and wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by livinglifefully
    ...I know the road will be long and the road will be rough at times, but I will stay on it and eventually, I will reach my destination. I will not give up! I keep telling myself that. I want to look back in a couple years and see how far I have come and feel good that I never quit...
    That sounds like a great attitude to me. It does take a while to get "rolling" in this business - unless you have a knack for PPC and a bankroll to get started. I have always relied on SEO - probably because I got started before there ever was a Google. And I always (personally) hated banner ads.

A long, long time ago I signed up with a hotel supplier and built a few pages for my home town. In March of 2000 I had one sale. That was followed by two sales in April and three sales in May. Then I rebuilt the hotel page to do a bit of pre-selling - the day before we left to drive to Atlanta for an education conference (used to be a teacher). Well, the pre-selling worked, because in the five days we were gone I earned enough to pay for the trip. I have had some ups and downs along the way - but have not looked back.

So, keep up the good attitude and garner what you can from ABW. When I started there was no ABW to help me find my way. I managed to stub my toe several times along the road to having my own business, but eventually managed to get here.

If there is some way you could manage to attend Affiliate Summit in Vegas in February I know you would learn a LOT more. I attended my "first" A/S last July and don't believe I will ever miss another.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks for the advice and suggeston!

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    One more tip. Extract value from the affiliate managers, make sure you ask them for things you need, new banners, help with content, selling ideas, best sellers and so forth, the affiliate manager is there to help you make money so make sure you contact them and make use of them

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Thanks!! I will do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    One more tip. Extract value from the affiliate managers, make sure you ask them for things you need, new banners, help with content, selling ideas, best sellers and so forth, the affiliate manager is there to help you make money so make sure you contact them and make use of them

Cheers

Chris
    Chris makes an excellent point with this. I'm still only making sporadic sales, but I AM making sales. And I don't think that started until I finally thought about things I might be able to use -- banners, datafeeds, etc., -- and began emailing AMs. The ones I've worked with have been really good about responding, and even about answering "off the record" type questions with specific pre-sales/sales ideas that have helped me greatly.
    Generate more fake news.

Persistence is everything. I've been doing this for more than three years, and it's only been this year that I'm starting to get the sense that I'll be able to slowly wind-down my other business so I can just concentrate on my sites. And I've been finding that once the momentum starts, it really gets me going, and I start doing more of the stuff that I've been "getting around to" for the past few years.

Chris, that is a great idea - I've actually started doing that, but very slowly and tentatively. Maybe I shouldn't be quite so tentative about it!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread