Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Nintendo Wii
    So my wife informed me that she "scored" a Nintendo Wii Sports bundle yesterday. The funny thing is that I didn't even know we were trying to score a Nintendo Wii.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Put on your bowling shoes, Seymour, you an' your missus are hitting the lanes!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

In a few of the games we have, hubby and I can hardly compete because we're laughing so hard we can't focus. Boxing is especially a hoot! Enjoy your Wii!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

ABW Ambassador
    Have a question. With the Wii, are there games where you can just sit on your butt and play? Or with all of them do you have to be up and active, every commericial I've seen it's portrayed like that.

I think I should try to score one of these for our children.

Oh, wait, our kids are 31 and 26 - we are empty-nesters. Hmmm...wonder what Mrs. Beachy and I would do with one of those...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Have a question. With the Wii, are there games where you can just sit on your butt and play? Or with all of them do you have to be up and active, every commericial I've seen it's portrayed like that.
    That's the beauty of Wii - it gets kids active and not sitting on their butts all day, playing video games.

I'm not sure if there are any sedentary games for Wii. The sports games are so fun, though. I can finally bowl again without ripping off my nails! :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    I *HEART* my wii!!! Though be careful, the first day I had it hooked up, I played tennis for two hours and was sore for two days, lollll

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    It's a Wii bit of tennis elbow.

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    ~groan~ lollll

Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    I think I should try to score one of these for our children.

Oh, wait, our kids are 31 and 26 - we are empty-nesters. Hmmm...wonder what Mrs. Beachy and I would do with one of those...
    Beachy, I would like to volunteer for adoption into your family. I am 34, but I still have no game system. Boo hoo. Dad???

-sfcom

Yes, the Wiimote can be used like a regular controller and I think there are options within some games to set it up like that. I haven't tried any first person shooters on the Wii yet, but I imagine they can be setup that way and you can play from the couch.

We play a lot of Wii games sitting down, but some games (like Tennis or boxing) are more fun if you're standing and moving around.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    That's the beauty of Wii - it gets kids active and not sitting on their butts all day, playing video games.

I'm not sure if there are any sedentary games for Wii. The sports games are so fun, though. I can finally bowl again without ripping off my nails! :-)
    Completely agree with that. That's been a common complaint with video games, that kids just sit there, get no exercise. With this, you can actually get some exercise and have fun just playing video games. Think it's great.

But for the days where you just want to sit on your butt Just didn't know if they had games where you could do that or if every game is one where you have to be "active" If anybody knew.

edited to add. Thanks meadowmufn, just read your post after I posted this one.

"I am 34, but I still have no game system."

Computer games

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    I *HEART* my wii!!! Though be careful, the first day I had it hooked up, I played tennis for two hours and was sore for two days, lollll
    Ditto. I played Tennis with my 7 year old nephew for hours the first time I ever played on the Wii... took me two days to recover. LOL.

Why would a parent allow a child to own a Wii when they could be teaching them how to build web sites?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IOWNIE
    Why would a parent allow a child to own a Wii when they could be teaching them how to build web sites?
    To teach them that life is also about having fun.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

"I am 34, but I still have no game system."

Computer games
    Of course, you should know I truly don't want one. It really puts a lock on productivity, if you know what I mean. I know how much the miniclip (dot c) games addict me, I could just imagine how a Wii or Xbox360 would make me a vegetable.

-sfcom

I Love my Wii!!!! The first few days we had ours, I threw my shoulder out playing boxing, hey it's the only time I can take down my teenage son!!! It was SOOOOOOO worth it....

Wii Play is another that is fun and is more "sedentary"

....I have to say though on Thanksgiving the neighbor kid came over and my son answered the door, no big deal right.... Well he took care of whatever it was they were wanting to borrow....about an hour later I asked my spouse, why did such and such come over? What did they want to borrow? I was told a num chuk, well I must have looked incredibly dumb to my family at that point, because I just stood there for a minute with a blank look on my face, you see I was trying to figure out which of my kids would have num chuks and why on earth did the neighbor need to borrow them, on Thanksgiving no less! At this point my oldest goes "Mooooommmm do you know what a num chuk is?" Well you can guess my spouse caught on that I apparently had no idea what they were talking about and goes "Yeah, do you know what num chuk is?" Of course I do, I mean who ever grew up in the eighties knows what num chuks are.....so I say "Um YEAH....it is the two sticks of wood held together by a chain, like cops carry them and stuff and why do we have any and which one of you has them, where did they come from and for all that's sacred why do the neighbors need them on Thanksgiving?" Well they all started laughing, at me, no not with me, definitely at me.....

If you have a Wii then you know why everyone thought this was so funny, hey I had been cooking all night long and it was after I ate WAY too much turkey so I can think it could have been over looked that I had a momentary brain lapse and forgot the second part of the Wii remote is called a num chuk.......

i can sit on the couch on all the games, i'm still swinging my arm around, but it can be done fairly easily.

Oh, and some games are better than others. I found that the more expensive ones keep the kids entertained better than the 2 for $30 ones at costco.

I don't have one, but my friend across the breezeway does.

I can play ALL of the games sitting down. (yes that includes baseball, bowling, etc, and I usually beat him). Boxing you can definitely play sitting down. I think Super Mario Galaxy and the like you don't have to be up and moving around, but I'm not sure.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    In a few of the games we have, hubby and I can hardly compete because we're laughing so hard we can't focus. Boxing is especially a hoot! Enjoy your Wii!
    You should try the other games collection that has billiards, duck hunting and ping pong on it. The cow racing is hillarious.

You can sit and not have to do much moving at all. I bowl sitting on the couch and just use a flick of the wrist.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread