Well I think that this will be useful to a lot of you, so please do not consider it as spam.

if you need professional, fast and reliable BULLETPROOF web host where you can spam and whatever else you want
    check out

[edited]

[This message was edited by Haiko on April 25, 2003 at 12:42 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    I just woke up and never liked for breakfast. Anyway, i think this is the wrong forum to post that, it should go HERE

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on April 25, 2003 at 12:19 PM.]

Tom taught me a magical line for those hosts who don't give a hoot what their clients are doing: "who's your upstream provider? I think I'll just talk directly to them." Works like a charm

A woman is like a tea bag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water

Most spam is thought to come from a small group of no more than one or two hundred people. A typical major spammer will use server farms and internet connections hosted in India or China. There are maybe a dozen or so really sophisticated spammer with offshore data centres and really sophisticated set-ups. Basically, this is big-league stuff.

Below them is a tier of newbie spammers, who have typically bought a list of email addresses to spam (often times with good intentions such as collecting for charity).

Now, on the other side are legions of anti-spammers, ranging from the elite spam investigators through to people (like myself) who just copy and paste into SpamCop.

So, basically, spammers are in a war zone. And the successful spammers are the ones with the offshore servers and ISP connections. The newbie spammers are the ones who get slaughtered, because they don't have the resources and contacts.

Consider this - if you send me a spam, I'll report it to SpamCop. That will analyse the sending ISP (i.e. your personal internet connection), and the name of the company who's site you are spamvertising. You will most likely have these terminated at a financial loss to yourself (and if you've got broadband you may be stuck for an alternative). If I chose to dig a little deeper, I could find the merchant who's affiliate links you were using and any affiliate network you were subscribed to, and those would be terminated with a complete loss of income.

In other words, you'd probably end up with no ISP connection, no website, no commission and the possibility of legal action from either your ISP, host, merchants, networks and/or spam victim.

Understand that there are people out there who really, really HATE spammers, and if they latch on to you, they will try to destroy you. Some people take it personally, and if they can identify you as an individual may then turn the tables on you in all sorts of unpleasant ways.

In other words, don't do it.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm also supporting Dynamoo's War of Spammers. Tar and feather the buggers and get the bandwidth carriers to cut off their pipelines.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Good points Dynamoo, but, I don't agree with the idea of SpamCop and the likes, self-claimed spam fighters who put their own rules and create blacklists, some of them with financial interests.

I think, SPAM is a big enough problem to get FCC on board and let them clearly define spam, spammers, methods and take action against. Or by some other "federal" government organization.

ClickXchange.com, a small affiliate network, send a few e-mails to my addresses, apparently collected from my websites. Since they want me to join their network it's commercial kind of e-mail, and because it's sent without my consent, it's SPAM. BUT, this is a lot different than people who want to "enhance my breats" or "enlarge my penis" and bombard me with dozens of messages a day. So should be distinguished accordingly.

Dynamoo good post.

>Understand that there are people out there who really, really HATE spammers,

Yours truly for instance.

SPAM is costing me $$$ in bandwidth, SPAM is costing me $$$ in TIME, each day it's at least 20 to 40 minutes cleaning spam, add it up and all I see is I'm loosing $$$ because of spam.

I don't have the courage to run legitimate email campaigns anymore, spam has me totally biased against ANY email that offers me anything to buy.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Oh why not just blame all your spam on GWB too aready

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

>Oh why not just blame all your spam on GWB too aready

Hm. Good thinking there.

Surely it was Al Gore who invented the internet, then spam would be his fault.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread