Can I email my links to my friends/relatives?
    Is this against CJ TOS?

ABW Ambassador
    Real friends and relatives? Or something like people you don't really know but added them to be a MySpace friend and surprise them with an email with links? Use good judgement.

I have an opt in newsletter that I send out with links. There was a time my brother was looking for something and I emailed him a link and it tracked fine. So that kind of thing should be fine. There are a few merchants that say no email marketing whatsoever. So you have to check on that.

If it's just a friend or relative that asks you for something and you email them over a link, shouldn't be a problem. You can always ask the merchant if you want to make sure.

Thanks Trust. I am talking about real friends. It's easier to email them a link for a product than telling them how to find it on my website.

Quote Originally Posted by fg20878
    Thanks Trust. I am talking about real friends. It's easier to email them a link for a product than telling them how to find it on my website.
    Then this shouldn't be a problem. CJ's rules for e-mail are based on The CAN-SPAM Act and it addresses primarily commercial e-mails where you don't have a prior relationship with the recipient. Assuming that you know your friends and family then you should be OK.

If you really want to play it safe, include an opt-out message in your e-mails.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by fg20878
    Not wishing to sound cheeky (i know it does) but if this is really the case you might need to improve your website. How are visitors other than your relatives going to find stuff on your site? I mean, say your logging in to CJ, searching for the product, view the HTML, copy the link and email it. Is that really easier than emailing the product url from your site?
    Again, apologies if this sound like advice you didn't really ask for, just seems to me to be a longer winded way to go about it.

I was wondering the same thing. Why not just email them the URL where the product is located on your site?

My sister calls me all the time looking for stuff, and unless it's something that I don't already have somewhere on my site, I just send her a link to the page where it is listed.

She also already knows what pages to go to when she wants to shop a particular merchant.

Basically depends on your intentions and if you are doing to a small group of people or else planning to spam to a big number of people.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread