Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Reports Screwed Up Since Last Maintenance
    Reports are still screwed up since the 20 minute off-line for maintenance event of last Monday or Tuesday.

My Product Success Report for December is different than the SA report for current month transactions, and has been so since the maintenance. Sales and Activity Reports have been up and down since then, and the report for yesterday shows impressions, but zero clicks, etc.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Howdy, I have posted about this issue too many times over several months. Just to let you know I had a fit with Linkshare and they eventually sent me to the director of affiliate support. They are very aware of this issue and I beleive they are addressing it. I am not going to mention all the details but this leads to many, many, many issues that you can read about in my prior posts pertaining to taxes, bonuses, trust, reporting of this issue publicly, etc. I am right there with you though man. So weird how nobody else realizes this is going on or speaks up.

Well, Thurston, I've often posted about these problems in the past as well, as have some others, and there have frequetly been responses from LS saying it's being fixed, and a day or so later, things seem ok, only to have it happen again a short time later. They appear to have done nothing to ensure a long-term resolution to these recurring problems, and I doubt that will be forthcoming.

My best to Lovee
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Finally someone who gets my ABW ID... LOL Very funny ending on your last post.

As for Linkshare, I totally agree with you and that is why I basically had to ignore LS helpdesk until finally they gave me the director. The Director of Affiliate Support, this dude named Avik is actually very nice. Now will that resolve the issue, who knows but he definatley understands that on Mondays and Thursdays the clicks become zero and other sales data gets messed up. It definatley seems like a weekend chron job that is screwing up things hence all the zeros on monday until they "fix" it. They basically re-upload your data for the quick fix and over write you click data, etc for the messed up days. I explained to them this is a band-aid and don't want to have to call LS support twice a week just to have good numbers, this should be delivered according to the services they supposedly supply to us. They also have admitted and understand that financial data is #1 mission critical. But Like I said before you never know if that means a permanent fix will be applied. It sounded like the Director was waiting for approvals to start changing coding to get the issue resolved but who knows. I will let you know if he responds to me any further and gives any info of the positive persuation.

Thanks for the detailed info.

So weird how nobody else realizes this is going on or speaks up.
    Thurston, don't they have Internet access on the island? There are posts just about everyday about the various outages, report errors and other issues too numerous to list (again). I don't know if some of us have just come to expect it or accept it. But I agree it's getting really old.

A good rule of thumb is "it's not fixed until it works continuously without error".

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

ABW Ambassador
    So why does Linkshare give Thurston this detailed info to post here and the LS moderator gives us nothing but basic b.s. (we are aware of the situation, working on it and everything is tracking) and nothing more?

The Director of Affiliate Marketing should be posting this info here himself.

Thurston, maybe you get the Professor to rig up a better reporting system with a couple of coconuts and a bamboo frond?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread