Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Glow-in-the-Dark Cats
    Korean scientists clone Glow-in-the-Dark Cats
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    So, you just making up the Glow in the Dark Cats?? I keep getting a 403 Forbidden error when I try the link.

Glow in the dark cats? Bah, Humbug, I say.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    I saw some of it on the news this afternoon, but I forgot to search for it.

Anyway, that link don't work. (I don't have permission.)

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /news/2007/12/071214-cats-video-ap.html on this server.

ABW Ambassador
    Hmm, the link was working earlier, here's another - http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9833107-7.html

Those cats will be waiting for the owners to fall asleep I have this mental image of somebody with one of those cats, waking up in the middle of the night and seeing the cat on the night table just starting at them, glowing. I think it's only under ultraviolet light tho.

Sorry, it did work earlier. There are a lot of stories on this, like the one Trust posted, but the one I posted was the only one I found with video. It was from National Geographic, and it is definitely now gone.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

ABW Ambassador

Great! That's the same as what NatGeo had.

Convinced, Writerguy?

and it's humdawg.

Add a black light and the cat glows red.
    Who in their right mind would like to see something like that glowing and running around at night.

Now the "GloFish" on the other hand, would not look too bad swimming and glowing on the fishbowl by the chimney.

--------------------

Weird Science!

While some scientists are looking for a way to become Invisible, others are trying to make mammals glow in the dark!

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Hmm, the link was working earlier, here's another - http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9833107-7.html

Those cats will be waiting for the owners to fall asleep I have this mental image of somebody with one of those cats, waking up in the middle of the night and seeing the cat on the night table just starting at them, glowing. I think it's only under ultraviolet light tho.
    Story is interesting, but even I could fake that photo with a green light and a red laser pointer.

ABW Ambassador
    It's real, there's a video link in my post after that.

I know trust, I was just saying that the photo looked like an amature did it. You have to admit, it looks very fake, not good PR for the story.

ABW Ambassador
    True, I could light myself up like that

Glowing cat nose
    If I could post a link(not any link to my site, I don't need to sell anything to anyone here. Besides you could just buy it through your own sites.) I could show you a pic I did of my friends cat, where I made him look like the red-nosed reindeer. The glowing nose part, not the antlers.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Wow - that's some scary science. Could be really great or really awful.

I think this type of research needs to be highly controlled and monitored. I'd sleep better at night if it were. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    U mess with mother nature, it will bite you in the a$$ tomorrow.

There was a glow in the dark guppies (fish) and there was a big HWO-HAA about it, now cats? What's next?

ABW Ambassador
    It was first done with rabbits and pigs, but those weren't made for cuddling and cats are. It's fascinating but made me heart-sick to see those precious kitties just locked up in cages like that, like rats or hamsters.

It may be science, but in this case it goes against nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    True, I could light myself up like that
    Yeah, I might have done that last evening. We were invited to an "office" party at the boss' house for a place where I used to w*rk. Being a former gerography teacher I just had to partake in the rounds of International "shooters" throughout the night- Russian Vodka (Stolichnaya), Irish Whiskey (Jamisons & Red Breast), Mexican Tequilla (Patron), Holland Vodka (Van Gogh Double Espresso - YUM).

But, that's all the straight alcohol - "my" beverage of the evening was Irish Guinness (actually a black and red).

The host's cat was not glowing. When we got home out cat was not glowing either. Good thing.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    Yeah, I might have done that last evening. We were invited to an "office" party at the boss' house for a place where I used to w*rk. Being a former gerography teacher I just had to partake in the rounds of International "shooters" throughout the night- Russian Vodka (Stolichnaya), Irish Whiskey (Jamisons & Red Breast), Mexican Tequilla (Patron), Holland Vodka (Van Gogh Double Espresso - YUM).

But, that's all the straight alcohol - "my" beverage of the evening was Irish Guinness (actually a black and red).

The host's cat was not glowing. When we got home out cat was not glowing either. Good thing.
    But were you glowing?

th epoint of a glow in the dark is?????

"hun it's bedtime and I can't find snowball?"

"I don't know dear, let me get the black light and we can search for her..."

I do think it is funny, but practicality of it please?????????

Our tax dollars at work...because glow in the dark animals should take precedence over, oh finding a cure for Aids, Cancer and world hunger.......

Quote Originally Posted by Rolet
    th epoint of a glow in the dark is?????

"hun it's bedtime and I can't find snowball?"

"I don't know dear, let me get the black light and we can search for her..."

I do think it is funny, but practicality of it please?????????

Our tax dollars at work...because glow in the dark animals should take precedence over, oh finding a cure for Aids, Cancer and world hunger.......
    Actually the research involved in the gene splicing can/may help in the research for cures. The narrative indicated 250 diseases common to cats and humans.

One of my close friends is Director of Facilities for a very large marine biotechnology research installation. Over the years the researchers there have done some truly "weird" stuff with fish - but they have been able to improve the yield of fish per given quantity of water. So, in a way they are working on the world hunger aspect by improving the efficiency of some aquaculture operations.

In the field of research the best-known exclamation is usually thought to be "Eureka!" However, the one that usually bears the most results is, "Hmmm, that's funny."
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

Beachy that was a GREAT response to my b***hing this morning.....I was in a bad a mood on politics this am due to some KS political issues....but I agree that further development in gene splicing will help with not only medical cures but agro solutions as well. When it comes to developing cures, it all starts at the most basic level, cells, genes, DNA and if we can produce positive manipulation than we are one step closer to manipulating those cells to be healthy, or larger or resistant....

Again I was distraught with KS politics this am and allowed it to show in this post....Perhaps I should stay away from the news and newspapers today......

Quote Originally Posted by Rolet
    ...Perhaps I should stay away from the news and newspapers today...
    They can, indeed, influence one's outlook.

P.S. - I was also a high school science teacher in a former life (before affiliate marketing), so I was almost "forced" to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    U mess with mother nature, it will bite you in the a$$ tomorrow.
    Do you mean scratch you in the face?
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

My question is this. Would a glow-in-the-dark cat glow brighter if it was happy? Like if it's purring got louder, would it get brighter?

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread