I'm still fairly new at this game. I hope this is the right place for this question. I run a PHPBB board and would like to implement a type of a rewards program. I've seen it done in other places w/ PHPbb where a user is rewarded once they purchase through an affiliate. Now, my question is how to go about this. Once the user registers on my site, how would I know who specifically made a purchase at an merchant? Where in the "big 3" do you find this option? I could only think that they would have to track the IP address to the sale somehow but I don't know too much on this subject. Through CJ, I only notice the order number and the amount. Is there some way of somehow linking the sale to the person specifically? I want to kind of automate it and maybe reward the user a percentage of what the merchant pays me. Any help is appreciated. Thanks for reading my blabber.

Hey nel1215, We are neighbors almost! Anyway The best you can do with this kind of site is to explore new ideas and stuff. I'm doing something similar.. but I would be so kind to give you help, but I have set up some good ideas and I dont' want anyone to steal my ideas. I would check your search engine Keywords stats and use that for your benefit!

Jason
    Santa Cruz

Hi Jason,
    Thanks for your help again. (we spoke in the past, i believe) I just wanted to know how sales are tracked? IE: If someone logs onto my site and purchases through a merchant, is there anyway to link it back to the buyer? Thanks again.

I would use some kind of php or asp that tracks logins and views of offers, Like my site has those capabilitys. I don't think you could track from merchants but you could match from when the user logged in and match it with a sale at that time or you could have them comnfirm a order by sending the thanks for the order receipt to you? or maybe your webhost has a tool you can use for that?

Jason
    Santa Cruz

This is what the SID is all about.

Add an SID to the link with the user's numeric ID or their username - it'll show in the reports @ cj. TD/KB has a similar field (subid?).

--
    "No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they're always there." – Norman Vincent Peale
    --
    Ford Fox-body Owners Club
    http://www.ford-fox.org

I don't have much of a clue to these types of things. Guess I need to look into programming a bit more. Thank you guys so much for your help.

ABW Ambassador
    Add phpbb member id to the link as a SID.. voila..

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ...

If I only knew how to do that, it would be so great. =) That's what I noticed on the other msg forums doing. Theres an SID that somehow tracks each person. Do you know if there is any tutorial on this? Thanks for your help.

What version of phpbb you running?

--
    "No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they're always there." – Norman Vincent Peale
    --

ABW Ambassador
    That is probably the phpbb session ID which is (should) only used when the user doesn't have cookies for some reason or another...

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ...

I'm currently running phpbb 2.0.4. Very hard to find information about this. If anyone has a website help, that would be great. Thanks.

I'll do a little research on it.

--
    --

Thanks a lot! =)

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread