Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Just now got a message from Performics that the credit is 10% of commissions earned on 12/15.

While this is a good move, the bonus of 10% does not adequately reflect the lost commissions on 12/8 IMO.

The right thing to do is pay the difference between commissions earned on 12/15 and 12/8 as a bonus. So, if an affiliate made $20 on 12/15 and only $8 on 12/8, pay the difference of $12 as bonus.

This 10% bonus on earning of 12/15 as a credit barely compensates the loss and shows lack of seriousness on Performics part IMO.

Great. They pick one of my worst days of the month to pay the commissions on. The rest of the month I did pretty well, had a few hundred in sales on some days.. yet they pick the day I had a grand total of $0.63 in commission. In fact, December 8th was my best day at Performics this month (after everything got back up and running). I wouldn't mind 10% of December 8th's commissions.

How about finding the daily average commission for the month up to that point and then giving 10% of that? That seems most fair, but probably an accounting nightmare....

Don't get me wrong... I'm grateful that they're offering to give anything, but for once I wish when a network decides to do something like this, they'd take into account the rest of the month when I did great instead of picking the few crappy days I had during the month and giving me more than a few extra pennies.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

ABW Ambassador
    They picked next Saturday to compensate.

It is possible that a few affiliates made more on 12/8 than 12/15 despite the issues on 12/8.

However, most affiliates would have done lower on 12/8 over 12/15 given the issues on that day.

As 12/15 was picked as a comparable day by Performics, they should compensate the affiliates for the difference in commissions on 12/15 over 12/8. In cases where an affiliate made lower commissions on 12/15 than 12/8, some percent of commissions on 12/8 should be considered as a bonus

Affiliate Network Rep
    Performics Network Bonus Announcement
    An email was distributed this morning to all active publishers to notify you of a bonus we will be adding to your January statements. You can read about the details here: http://blog.performics.com

Warm Regards,
    Larry Adams

p.s. If you did not receive the message, please take a moment to check your spam filter settings and whitelist *.performics.com, *.doubleclick.com and *.doubleclick.net

ABW Ambassador
    Larry,
    Some discussion on this is already underway here on this topic
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=98894

Side Note: Perhaps Mods can bring those comments here and have this as a new thread.
    Last edited by l_adams; December 17th, 2007 at 12:53 PM. Reason: corrected url (that I messed up to begin with)

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hmmm....I tried to pull those posts over but they disappeared into the ether.

If one of the other moderators knows how to recover them, let me know where I can find them.

I'm going to close the other thread and point anyone who wants to discuss this bonus to this thread.

Thanks,
    Larry

ABW Ambassador
    Ah ok. I merged the comments and put a link in the other thread over to this one.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Thanks!! Maybe I'll figure out how to manage these threads one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals
    It is possible that a few affiliates made more on 12/8 than 12/15 despite the issues on 12/8.
    I guess I'm one of those few. I actually did better on 12/8 than 12/15. And unfortunately 12/15 was one of my worst days of the month at PF. Bummer.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    I guess I'm one of those few. I actually did better on 12/8 than 12/15. And unfortunately 12/15 was one of my worst days of the month at PF. Bummer.

- Scott
    At least I'm not alone. Too bad you have to be in the same boat with me, Snib. LOL.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

On the bright side, at least they did something. It's much better than nothing.

It's a nice gesture, but I think Performics could/should have done more. Crediting affiliates for 10% of one day's sales when the downtime was 5 prime hours (over 20% of a day) just doesn't cut it.

If they really wanted to make it fair and make sure affiliates were happy, they should have made the "make good" equal to 25% of the affiliate's best day in December.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Hard to determine adequate compensation I suppose. But man oh man the downtime was prime time.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

ABW Ambassador
    or even take the best or average of 2 saturdays 12/1 and 12/15 and pay the difference ... and where it is -ve, do something else.

giving 10% on 12/15 earnings only shows you're washing off the issue without addressing it adequately IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by visitourmall
    Hard to determine adequate compensation I suppose. But man oh man the downtime was prime time.
    Yeah, it is kind of hard to determine adequate compensation because every affiliate's situation is different. Some probably lost PPC dollars when ads were running during the outage. Others might have had an unexpected boost in traffic that day. It's hard to predict what could've been earned because there are so many variables. But to be completely honest, I will be disappointed if all I get is 6 cents... which works out to just over a penny per hour the system was down.

Good point. PPC affiliates probably got hit really hard. When a link doesn't work, many people will try it several times.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Let's do the math.

$0.00 X 10% = ..................drum roll please....................$0.00

ABW Ambassador
    True, hard to figure out proper compensation for things like this. RedTagDeals posted something that looks about right. Saturday before, Saturday after, average them out and take a percentage of that, being the percent Performics was down that day. Closest I can think of, probably other ways.

Having said that, it's better than nothing and it's the only network I've seen do this except CJ once. And everybody loses when there is downtime anywhere, not just affiliates but merchant and networks too.

As has been said, a nice effort but yeah, very short on compensation - I don't think it was thoroughly thought out.

The thing about a black eye is that if they aren't tended to correctly, they'll last waaaay longer than if you doctored it properly.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    And everybody loses when there is downtime anywhere, not just affiliates but merchant and networks too.
    I agree with one exception .. Big G (which controls PFX) still made money from search affiliates .. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals
    I agree with one exception .. Big G (which controls PFX) still made money from search affiliates .. LOL
    G doesn't own Doubleclick just yet. The deal is still pending approval by the FTC.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    G doesn't own Doubleclick just yet. The deal is still pending approval by the FTC.

- Scott
    Then the deal was taking way too long to close. I thought it was done as I have not heard anything after several months on this deal.

ABW Ambassador
    And unfortunately 12/15 was one of my worst days of the month at PF. Bummer.
    - Scott
    12/15 is my worst day of the month, too.

I like the "daily average" idea.

ABW Ambassador
    this is just a joke, I really don't care for this pathetic offer, what I want from Performics is to sort out why they haven't paid me for 3 months and why I still have to wait all this time for them to do anything about it. In the mean time I have stopped promoting all performics merchants.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    this is just a joke, I really don't care for this pathetic offer, what I want from Performics is to sort out why they haven't paid me for 3 months and why I still have to wait all this time for them to do anything about it. In the mean time I have stopped promoting all performics merchants.
    ginted, you may be in the wrong thread. you need to take that up separately with performics. this thread is about bonus for lost tracking on 12/8 .. you need to address other issues elsewhere ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast