What is social bookmarking?
    And also, what it meant by an email campaign? Isn't that like spamming people? I was reading another post on how to advertise for free online, and those 2 terms were mentioned. I'm a noob, haha. I've tried posting on forums, trying to get people to come to my site, but I've been banned many times!

And when you post to blogs, don't you have to register with the website first and then what do you do? Just pick people and spam them? Gosh, I'm sorry, but I'm really confused.... Isn't any unasked (unsolicited) for mail considered spam? I tried putting a newsletter signup on my website, but not one single signup yet.

ABW Ambassador
    We have a Web 2.0 forum that you can read thru, some threads on social bookmarking. http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=426

But in a nutshell it's just bookmarking and sharing on social sites like del.icio.us, stumbleupon, furl, digg, backflip etc.

"And also, what it meant by an email campaign?"

Basically sending out email. I have a newsletter I send out to those who subscribe to it. There are other ways, bad ways, that can get you in trouble, like spamming.

"And when you post to blogs, don't you have to register with the website first and then what do you do? "

Depends if you're talking about your own blog or someone elses. I would use the search function and check out some forums. There's a lot of threads on what you're wondering about.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackberrybunny
    And also, what it meant by an email campaign? Isn't that like spamming people? I was reading another post on how to advertise for free online, and those 2 terms were mentioned. I'm a noob, haha. I've tried posting on forums, trying to get people to come to my site, but I've been banned many times!

And when you post to blogs, don't you have to register with the website first and then what do you do? Just pick people and spam them? Gosh, I'm sorry, but I'm really confused.... Isn't any unasked (unsolicited) for mail considered spam? I tried putting a newsletter signup on my website, but not one single signup yet.
    E-mail campaigns should be opt in

No, don't spam anyone.

Thank you, for the links and help! I'm reading all I can right now.

Hey you guys, I just signed up with the del.i,cious site, or whatever it is, and now they want me to download some software that attaches to my browser?! I don't want to do that!!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    "What is social bookmarking?"

When you're at the bookstore and someone's checking out a book intently, walk up, excuse yourself and then just reach out and dog-ear the page they're reading.

LOL That makes sense, I like your example!

Affiliate Manager Julia_Shoeboxed's Avatar
    These are great questions to be asking! Getting the hang of the newest internet trends is key to a successful online venture. Here are three recommendations I have for you:

1. Blogs are one of the best ways to communicate with customers. You can ask for their feedback on your own blog, give them updates on the company's progress, and comment on others' blogs to effectively continue the conversation.

2. Commenting on others' blogs almost never requires a signup on your end. People want to make it easy for others to comment, so there are rarely obstacles.

3. When you comment on others' blogs (and in forums, etc.), it is okay to plug your service or website, as long as you are offering some sort of valuable feedback as well. For example, Amazon.com, if they wanted to, could write on a blog that they think the additional shipping costs they charged would not matter too much to consumers because of the convenience of ordering online. They could include a link to their site if they wanted, because they offered some sort of commentary that was relevant and served to continue the conversation.

Happy marketing!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread