ABW Ambassador
    I went over to ebates site to try see what network links are being used by some merchants. In another thread Michigan Bulb was brought up and people where having a hard time with them, and i do great with them, i use Performics links. With merchants that have programs in more than 1 network, i figure an ebates link to a merchant can't be 2 networks at the same time, has to be 1. So if anybody knows what network links they are using to merchants with more than 1 network, it would be a good thing to post. Example: Michigan Bulb who has a program at Performics and CJ. Is ebates using a CJ or Performics link. If they are using one, wouldn't it be better to use the other network? I hope i am explaining this right.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    I may be wrong but I dont think it will matter. eBates - to get into compliance - dont over-write links. They wait until the shopper is at the merchant site. It does not matter whether a CJ or Performics link was followed to get there as eBates does not care. It just sees the shopper on Overstock.com or simialr and puts up a popup.

I may be wrong, but I think this is how it works.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah just thought about that with the MMM. What about people who use Ebates without MMM. Click straight thru to merchant?

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Trust, I had MMM on my machine for testing during Christmas. I don't remember which merchant it was but I clicked on one of my Performics links and as soon as it got to the merchant, eBates redirected my Performics link to their CJ link. So it doesn't matter if the merchant is on one network or all of them.

I also notified Performics that their link was changed to a CJ link but the only response I got was that they would look into it and the tone of their email was that they weren't too worried about it. This was before the CoC.

ABW Ambassador
    You figure that if it was changing a Performics link to a CJ link, Performics would be mad. Maybe sometimes it does it vice versa, maybe thats why they weren't too concerned. Don't know. I guess with the MMM all kinds of things can happen, changed, upgraded etc. Without using the MMM, the links on their site for specific merchants that have programs in more than 1 network. Do you think they belong to both and rotate them? Favor 1 network over another? I went to site and can't tell when clicking on the merchant. I'm not joining or downloading anything to find out. Just curious for those who have done past testing if they saw anything in those regards.

--Wayne Calloway

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Yeah just thought about that with the MMM. What about people who use Ebates without MMM. Click straight thru to merchant?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In that case, ebates is just another incent site. The issue with ebates is the MMM. And like PerfectG pointed out, it doesn't matter what network they are joined through. The MMM is triggered by landing on the merchant's site. I've seen aff links through the MMM to all the networks plus some indies.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

ABW Ambassador
    True, that all makes sense. Thanks BLFH, see i shouldn't post when i'm

--Wayne Calloway

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    You should always post. But...

&lt;~~~~sends a cup of java your way.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread