Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mr. GoldenCan
    Powered by Link GoldenCAN
    GoldenCAN has updated Service Agreement terms regarding the Powered by Link.

New Terms & Conditions:

Powered by GoldenCAN link:
    GoldenCAN will display “Powered by GoldenCAN” link at the bottom of every store created by GoldenCAN.

Please note: Powered by Link will be displayed only on the new stores created Effective Immediately.

Why do I keep getting logged out.

ABW Ambassador
    "Please note: Powered by Link will be displayed only on the new stores created Effective Immediately."

Why? I remember it starting that way and then people wanting it gone and it was removed. Now it's back? http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=63372

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCAN
    Powered by GoldenCAN link:
    GoldenCAN will display “Powered by GoldenCAN” link at the bottom of every store created by GoldenCAN.
    That's a bad move.

I guess I'll be focusing on other datafeed tools that don't create leaks on my site from now on. That's a shame...
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Finally was logged in. I just started using GoldenCan again, and might have to remove all I have added to my sites (again). Two reasons why firstly, I noticed when GoldenCan's site has problems so do my pages, very long loading of the pages. And the second reason would be them adding their link at the bottom of my products, why would I advertise them when they make commissions on the 4th click of affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMPS
    why would I advertise them when they make commissions on the 4th click of affiliates.
    Exactly. And what would most consumers be doing looking for datafeed solutions while they're shopping, anyway? They're at my site to shop, not become my competition... at least that's what I would hope. So, out of curiosity, they click the link and go to GoldenCan. It's not something they're interested in because they're a consumer and looking to buy something, not sell something... So they wander off of the GoldenCan site to somewhere else and both of us just lost an opportunity at a sale. Am I making sense here or is there a problem with my logic?
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

No problem with your logic at all. I think (I could be wrong) but wouldn't GoldenCan make a commission off of a link on their site? That is if the shopper visits GoldenCan and clicks on one of the banners on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMPS
    No problem with your logic at all. I think (I could be wrong) but wouldn't GoldenCan make a commission off of a link on their site? That is if the shopper visits GoldenCan and clicks on one of the banners on the site.
    I don't see any merchant banners that go to the merchant site, just banners that go to internal pages that show samples and sign up links.

Affiliate Manager
    Will this be true of all GoldenCAN integrations or will the "Free of 4th click" merchants be exempt?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Simmons
    Will this be true of all GoldenCAN integrations or will the "Free of 4th click" merchants be exempt?
    Wouldn't there be more incentive for GC to add this link for "Free of 4th click" merchants where they do not already get an income share?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager
    The merchant pays extra for GoldenCAN to "not get an income share". We do it to incent affiliates to promote our products; the "powered by" text seems to have the opposite affect.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Simmons
    The merchant pays extra for GoldenCAN to "not get an income share". We do it to incent affiliates to promote our products; the "powered by" text seems to have the opposite affect.
    Didn't know that. But I still wouldn't expect GC to make that exemption.

Maybe they'll offer merchants an even higher price to be "Free of Powered by GoldenCAN".
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    You either have:

Merchants that pay so it's free of 4th click. So merchants are already paying, or

the 4th click scenario. And 25% of my clicks is payment enough not to have the powered by GoldenCan on the pages. Same reasons that were given before that led to it getting removed.

So I'm not putting up any new pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    "Please note: Powered by Link will be displayed only on the new stores created Effective Immediately."

Why? I remember it starting that way and then people wanting it gone and it was removed. Now it's back? http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=63372
    That's a good question, because in that thread that you linked from September 15th, 2005, it says:
    In an ongoing effort to help you improve your web marketing, we've removed the “Powered by GoldenCAN” link at the bottom of all GoldenCAN integration displays.

This should keep your site visitors focused on the products you are displaying by avoiding distraction, and increase click-through that benefit you!

You do not need to change any link or settings in your GoldenCAN store integration.

So what's new now?

Now we are not going to be able to keep our site visitors focused on the products we are are displaying by offering a distraction, and decrease click-through that would otherwise benefit you!

My issue with is, if I pay for a merchant account - free from 4th click - then why on earth would any of my affiliates have a powered by link on their page, GC is all ready making money from me......

Agree w/Trust & Mr. Sal... Not a good PR move by GC!

I believe you'll want to re-think that one for awhile there Asif.
    Will it be added to the store's we already have, or if we need to make a change to the stores we all ready have will it be added then also ¿

ABW Ambassador
    I won't be in a hurry to create any new stores for new merchants that sign up with GC or existing merchants. Why would I want to display a link for my competition & customers to show them how to create a store like mine?

just imagine a store like Dell, Reebok, Sony etc having a link at the bottom of every page, "create a store just like this - Click Here!"
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

You notice that there is no response to this thread from GC.

Does that tell you anything.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Question
    Asif,

Can you tell us what benefits you get by displaying “Powered by GoldenCAN”?

Incoming links and more affiliates to give you 25% of their sales??????

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Check your GC Feeds!!!
    Has anyone checked their GoldenCan feeds this morning? All of my pages with feeds were displaying this message:

Warning: main(http: // si.goldencan.com / GetData.aspx?SID=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx&IPAddress=xx.xxx.xxx.xxx&UserAgent=Mozilla%2F4.0+%28compatible%3B+MSIE+7.0%3B+Windows+NT+6.0%3B+SLCC1%3B+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727%3B+.NET+CLR+3.0.04506%29&PageURL=%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26task%3Dview%26id%3D15%26Itemid%3D211) [function.main]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error in XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

After logging in to GoldenCan (and being forced to accept their new T's & C's)

New Terms & Conditions: Dec 18, 2007