January and Travel ?
    I just get email from merchant that January is the biggest month of the year for the travel industry ?

is that true ? what's the reason ?

Quote Originally Posted by Affnice
    I just get email from merchant that January is the biggest month of the year for the travel industry ?

is that true ? what's the reason ?
    No, it's not true. January may be a "happy" month, but the "traditional" months leading up to and during "summer vacation" are the biggest for travel.

January is happy (my term) because those of us pushing hotel reservations are happy that the Nov-Dec doldrums are over. People do travel all year and airlines love the holidays, but hotel bookings are slowest from mid-October until mid-January (with occasional spurts for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve). (There is very little to be earned with air travel so I never push it.)

This week I have seen a several nice bookings for weekends in June - probably someone pre-buying weekend getaways as a Christmas present. But, in January people will begin booking summer vacation travel, wedding trip travel, school and military (boot camp) graduation travel, etc.

So, bring on Those Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer*.

* Nat King Cole, 1963
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Guess he/she is trying to drive some biz

From what I have seen at Wyndham, it's usually the summer month that rocks and after July, it would slow down..

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread