I have been looking to buy a new Dell desktop for some time now. I was going to pull the trigger in a couple of weeks, once I got thru the CJ reversals!

However I visited the Dell site today and I noticed that they have several deals that are ending today:
    -Free 256 mb ram upgrade
    -free second bay cd burner
    -free 60gb hard drive upgrade

So my question to those of you who might follow these things. Does Dell come out with a new round of "deals" as soon as the old ones expire? Or are these to good to pass up?

I am just trying to decide if I should buy today or wait!

Burke

I think they keep recycling deals. They always have something going on. That's what my sis said, but when I wanted one I didn't wait!

Suz

ABW Ambassador
    Check systems on both their Home and Small Business sites. Prices can vary dramatically.

Also, they have new deals every week. On the Small Business side, I believe they typically run Thursday-Thursday. If you don't buy today, there will still be deals tomorrow. Just different deals.

Michael

They update the special offers on a weekly basis, many times they are the same ones. To save the most money you ahould buy when they have Free Shipping like they do now on desktops at Dell Home. I think the Dell Business department has also been running free shipping continuously for some time now.

Dell Home also has some coupons floating around, minimum purchase of $750. I've seen $75 off $750 and $100 off $999 floating around for the Dell Home department. I think they expire in the next couple of days. They'll probably have new ones soon after but Free Shipping is a must. I think they usually charge $95 to ship a system with or without monitor.

I follow Dell constantly and just recently purchased a 4550 dell dimension computer. It's running very smoothly and its one of the most quiet computer I have ever been around. For $320, I got a 2.53ghz, 60hd, 48x burner, 128ram machine. I recommend you sign up for their newsletters as they tend to randomly send 10% and 15% off desktop computer coupons. Right now, I believe you can get one of their new models, Dimension 8300, for about $540 shipped. But, they always have sales.

ABW Ambassador
    That 4550 deal was nice. Not sure how you got $320... thought it was around $330 + tax.. for the 2.66 gig P4, 256M , 48x burner, 60 gig , etc... Just buy 2 512M DIMMS and you have a nice system. Add a DVD-R drive, decent video card, and an LCD, and its a really sweet system.

The 2350 with 18" LCD and Palm Zire for ~$550 was nice too.

To the OP, yes the deals will be back (and better) in the future. No worries. Also check your favorite deals site (OOPS I said a bad word..maybe I shouldn't say that here since everyone at ABW hates those sites..) for more deals, much better than you get through their page directly!

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ...

Yes, the deals will be back. That is what Dell is based on. They do put together some nice systems, but it is far less expensive to build your own. Don't know if you have looked into that or not, but it will save you some money. There are quite a few good sites around the net that can get you some good deals on hardware. Check it out.

J&J Gaming Everything Gaming
    http://www.jjgaming.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sure they have Dell deals. Problem for affiliates is that to get to the coupon or sales special pages you have to cross their cookie cutting invisible barrier. Make one move from a Dell Home section to the Dell small Biz section and your referral "sesson only" cookie gets trashed....vise versa applies. The diversion champ still rules. Notice how the coupon is for BeFree links or LS links but never applies to both at the same time. Also notice how the same coupons or specials popup on shoppers making them navigate by clicking on them past the invisible referral shopping barrier....or Call 1-800# to assure your discount...LOL

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread