Disney Movie Club having trouble getting affiliates?
    I am getting really aggravated with Disney Movie Club.

They extended an invitation to join them thru CJ. We declined the offer last week.

They called us twice last week. We told them we were NOT interested...that we don't promote CJ merchants any longer.

Now there is yet another offer thru CJ. I thought that once you declined an offer, the merchant wouldn't be able to make another offer. And I checked, my status says "Declined Offer" so I didn't dream it and yesterday another invitation was offered and is sitting there waiting for me to either accept or decline...again.

Can these people not understand the meaning of NO? Besides the fact they are digging at the bottom of the barrel for affiliates. While we used to be a 5 bar affiliate several years ago, we now have no bars. We've removed all but a couple of merchants off our account several months ago and haven't had a sale thru CJ in 5 months.

Are they so desperate for affiliates that they're willing to waste time and effort to get non-performing affiliates to sign up just to make their # of affiliates look big?

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    LOL Linda

Another CJ merchant, Brushstrokes, placed an offer in my interface in October, and I declined for the same reasons as you (They're on CJ!)

Yesterday, I got a personal email from someone inside CJ asking why I declined the private offer. I told them in no uncertain terms because theyre on CJ. (and BCC'd the merchant)

I also asked that they actually honor my CJ mail settings - no correspondence except for mandatory network and legal.

Billy, yes, BrushstrokesArt, too. I don't specifically remember their offer but I got an email from them yesterday, too wanting feedback on why we declined their offer on 10/31.

Something I thought strange, too. I know when I used to get emails from CJ merchants, there was a disclaimer or something at the bottom of the email and you could tell it went thru CJ's mail system. This email from Brushstrokes did not have that. It looks like it was a direct email from them to us. Now just how were they able to get our email address? Especially since we've never been an affiliate of their's?

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    It appears CJ has the usual email preference rules that apply to everyone - except CJ employees - who appear to have access to our email addresses

all the emails I receive - that I shouldn't get because I opted out of everything - have one thing in common: they end in [at]cj.com

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    Are they so desperate for affiliates that they're willing to waste time and effort to get non-performing affiliates to sign up just to make their # of affiliates look big?...
    Maybe this is an instance (or an indicator) of the parasitic tail beginning to wag the dog. Just a thought, but Disney is in eBates and UPromise (didn't check for any others).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    Maybe this is an instance (or an indicator) of the parasitic tail beginning to wag the dog. Just a thought, but Disney is in eBates and UPromise (didn't check for any others).
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. We were affiliated with them years ago on LS and they loved all the parasite affiliates back then and probably have every one signed up now. Even if we were still a top affiliate, my decline answer would have been the same. I'm not going to give the parasites another site to ride the coat tail of to put money in their pockets. Those days are over.

I was pretty puzzled when Disney movie club sent me an offer- my sites are all totally unrelated.

Besides the fact they are digging at the bottom of the barrel for affiliates
    Are they so desperate for affiliates that they're willing to waste time and effort to get non-performing affiliates to sign up just to make their # of affiliates look big?
    They sent me an invitation, so that would make sense.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Outsourced Program Manager tmartini's Avatar
    I've been turning down almost all new CJ merchants for the past year and whenever possible I encourage the CJ merchants I do deal with to switch to SAS. Thanks to Heather for opening up a SAS program for Inhabit!
    Todd Martini
    Digital Marketing Manager
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

Can these people not understand the meaning of NO? Besides the fact they are digging at the bottom of the barrel for affiliates. While we used to be a 5 bar affiliate several years ago, we now have no bars. We've removed all but a couple of merchants off our account several months ago and haven't had a sale thru CJ in 5 months.
    I've pretty much only marketed with CJ.com and received this same offer in my email from Disney - and was thinking of nibbling on the offer.

Could you share a little more why you no longer use CJ as a major network? I really like the user interface they have - maybe that's why - and just for sake of time - I haven't ventured to other networks.

What networks do you use now exclusively - and why (vs. CJ)? If you have the time to respond.

Thanks!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread