From all sales to all pending?
    Why would a merchant who has been generating all sales/commissions for me since I joined their program suddenly have every order over the last week or so show as pending?

I'm not sure what to make of this, whether it's a good or bad sign or what.

Maybe the AM needs to manually approve all sales and he/she went on vacation or something? Is that plausible?

PS: I did send the AM an email, still waiting for a response.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Mr C - I think all sales are classified "pending" until they're paid.

I could be wrong. Anyone else have a better (or more accurate) answer?
    Last edited by Rexanne; December 19th, 2007 at 11:29 PM. Reason: having a rough time of it lol
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Normally when I make a sale the "Today's Stats" or "Activity Detail" reports show my commission amount and also "Processing", plus the commission is added to my total at the top. There is nothing about a lock date.

But in this case I'm seeing a zero dollar commissions, the non-zero commission amount (which I see when I drill down on the transaction) isn't being added to my total, and just under the "Processing" I see something like this in red:

Pending Sale
    Lock Date: 02/02/2008

I understand the occasional pending sale but what baffles me is why all orders for this merchant in the past week are suddenly pending when they weren't before.

Almost all of mine are shown as "processing" until they become "locked". I have two merchants who show sales as "pending" rather than "processing". The difference is that no funds are shown in my account for those sales so of course there won't be any reversals from them in my account should the client return anything. I don't know why there are two ways to process sales but I don't like it because you can't see that you've sold anything at all unless you run a "Daily Stats" report every day. Processing sales amounts show up in my account, pending sales do not.

I think pending sale relates to the return policy instead of the payment status.
    IRS
    Don't ask why the ball doesn't come.

SAS popup for pending transactions (move your cusror over the circled i to view):

Pending transactions are transactions that are awaiting confirmation from the merchant partner. You will see a "Lock Date" for each pending transaction. This represents the amount of time a merchant has to confirm the transaction.

or if its just showing pending could be products out of stcok or delay in processing shipment....
    - Sunil

[SIZE=1]The impossibility of today is a hint of what shall be...[/SIZE]

That's what I wondered too. First thing I did was go to their site to see if the products were out of stock or back ordered. Everything looked fine. Plus, it would seem odd for them to be out of stock or back ordered for *every* product...that would be business suicide.

I guess only the merchant knows what's going on. I could fire off an email to SAS, maybe they know this merchant.

I asked the merchant and was told
    sales are held as "pending" and commissions are not released until the sale has exceeded the return period, which is 60 days.

UGH, I hope my merchant doesn't do that for all sales from now on. That would really mess with the financials.

Well it makes their stats look better I guess. No reversals, no "Low Funds", no "Temorarily Offline".

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread