I plan to go on a little book shopping spree soon and would like a few suggestions. Anything that will help me on the path to being successful in affiliate marketing. One thing i know i need is a book helping me to understand to write my own scripts for datafeeds. php, mysql etc. Im up for any suggestions about any books you think have value and somewhat related to any aspect of affiliate marketing. Ive got a long road of learning ahead of me

ABW Ambassador
    I would imagine that the Internet has lots of free information on affiliate marketing and everything to do with it. Do a search on Google. I would never buy book on the subject. The information is out of date as soon as it is printed. Therefore, get up to date information from the search results

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

yeah thats what i do currently.. but for learning lanquages and technical things such as mysql and php i learn quicker with a book..

Also i dont have the internet in my bathroom

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    For the mysql part I've found the documentation to be quite helpful (unlike the php documentation!). It won't tell you everything, but you can get a basic understanding of the animal there. I believe they have a printed version available, but take a look at the (free) online version and see if you think it'll help before forking out any cash. I find it's strong points are to show how to write a command (when I'm thinking, "how do I tell it to...") rather than being something to memorize like a regular text. Then eventually I could quit looking up the commonly-used stuff.

As for PHP, though, I'd like to know of a good book for that too! Right now I use mySQL just to deal with the massive CJ Feed locally but, as you know, a lot more can be done with PHP in the picture.

~Revenue is King

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread