Online Marketing Consultant
    Google "HELL"o and Goodbye??? Is Hell Finally Going Away?
    Found this article about the official ends of Google Hell....yes some of our pages will be popping back up where they belong,,,,my question though is what will happen if all the black hat SEO pages start popping back up...do you think they are ready to rerelease the bad guys out into the main indicies? Do you think they thought through how to block them out while releasing others? It'll be neat to see how this pans out.

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/20...om-google-hell
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think it's much of anything really. Black hat pages have always been in the main search along with good ones. And bad and good pages were in the supplemental. Haven't noticed any differences since they took away the supplemental tag awhile ago.

"Google will search both indexes for all queries rather than only bringing up supplemental results for difficult queries."

So that still reads there are two indexes to search from and the pages in the main still would get the better results I would imagine or they wouldn't be in the main. They just want to bring up the most relevant result regardless of what index they're in. So who knows, could be reading all that wrong.

I'm not sure whether this was a coincidence or not, but about the same time that Google "discontinued" the supplemental index I started seeing a large increase in the number of pages that were indexed from some of my sites. One site's pages in the index quadrupled and my organic search results from that site went from almost zero to several hundred searches a week with several main keywords in the top ten.

I don't know if it was something I did to improve the results (the PR of that site hasn't changed) or if it was Google indexing change, but I hope this new change doesn't hurt my results.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

ABW Ambassador
    They're talking a little more about here - http://www.webmasterworld.com/google/3531292.htm

So anybody notice an increase in traffic these past couple days?

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    So anybody notice an increase in traffic these past couple days?

- Scott
    "increase" is not the word i'd use, no.

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

Quote Originally Posted by jrrl
    "increase" is not the word i'd use, no.
    Upon closer examination, it is not my traffic that is down... it is my CTR. Weird. Ignore me.

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread