While somewhat of a newcomer to the affiliate marketing world, I consider my program to be fairly strong. I have been warned by many affiliates and possible affiliates of the dangers of having ebates involved with our program. I would like to know exactly what they are doing that has everybody so upset with them. I just want to have the facts so I can make an informed decision. Any input is appreciated.

Tim Shuman
    affiliates@worldclassimaging.com
    www.inkjetusa.com

ABW Ambassador
    Tim
    Visit the eBates forum here.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    Just to head off any confusion, there are two issues. eBates itself, and their Moe Money Maker (I think that's what it's called).

I have absolutely no problem with the eBates site--incentive shopping is a great idea, and one that I wish I would have thought of first. However, the MMM is a commission-stealer. The MMM is what you need to look out for.

Michael

Thanks for the info Em Dub! The more clarity I get on this, the better decision I can ultimately make.

Tim Shuman
    affiliates@worldclassimaging.com
    www.inkjetusa.com

ABW Ambassador
    Not everyone agrees with that

----
    -J
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    True, everyone may not agree with that. But the keyword here is "parasite." A pure incent site is not parasitic, the MMM is parasitic.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

In my opinion, Ebates is kinda like the high school girls depicted in fifties "B" movies - you know the ones - they always wore tight sweaters...

...and they had a BAD REPUTATION!!!

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I have absolutely no problem with the eBates site--incentive shopping is a great idea, and one that I wish I would have thought of first. However, the MMM is a commission-stealer. The MMM is what you need to look out for.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree but unless things have changed ebates itself is acting in bad faith with it's merchants. If they are sincere, their dealings with merchants would be open and forth coming and merchants would have an option to be "coupon only" and not be a part of MMM.

The sad fact is that while some merchants have been able to "opt out" of being included with MMM - others have been told "it's not optional" - do a search on sea eagle.

With that said.... can you really trust a theiving application to not participate or possibly be undermined while you partner with ebates and not participate in MMM?

It would likely be simple for ebates to allow merchant to not participe with MMM but have MMM sales somehow redired to look as though they come from the incent site.

Bottom line - until they leave the crook business it's pretty hard to trust them at all! They have a proven track record that repeats itself over and over!

ABW Ambassador
    coupon only does not mean not in MMM, it means no rebates (hence also not in MMM, probably)

I personally think all cash back incent programs are parasitic in nature, perhaps not parasites as ABW defines them.

----
    -J
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Do the incented loyality shoppers actually expect to get paid for shopping with these B-a-HOs. Little like expecting the Mob to collect for catholic Charities worldwide and divy up on time every time.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread